Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Upgrade Bugs - Find something broken or missing in the new forum? Post it here!  (Read 15065 times)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Please post anything that you find broken or missing from the old forum in this thread and I will fix it ASAP. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:30:50 AM by Dan »
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Site looks fantastic on my Ipad!! Well done.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Site looks fantastic on my Ipad!! Well done.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. That was definitely one of the intentions of the upgrade- to make the forum more mobile friendly.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

Love Expresso

Hi, Dan,

glad it alls seems to have worked out well. But I miss the "Show new posts since your last visit" function?

EDIT: Found it! It might be a problem for some others, so I am proud to tell that's the two buttons on the left of "HELLO (USER NAME)  ;D

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Hi, Dan,

glad it alls seems to have worked out well. But I miss the "Show new posts since your last visit" function?

EDIT: Found it! It might be a problem for some others, so I am proud to tell that's the two buttons on the left of "HELLO (USER NAME)  ;D

LE

On this theme, it's hiding, and I need to fix that. It's the first button that is at the top next to your name. If you hover over it, it will say "Show unread posts since last visit".

Love Expresso

Hi, thanks,

and another one which I am not sure I had disvovered before the upgrade: When choosing a board and a special thread, I will directed to the FIRST page, not to the LAST... I think usually I used to jump to the last site to see the newest post? Not sure if it has to do with my personal settings or is it a general forum thing?

Small problem, but all the rest is PERFECT it seems!  8)

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Hi, thanks,

and another one which I am not sure I had disvovered before the upgrade: When choosing a board and a special thread, I will directed to the FIRST page, not to the LAST... I think usually I used to jump to the last site to see the newest post? Not sure if it has to do with my personal settings or is it a general forum thing?

Small problem, but all the rest is PERFECT it seems!  8)

LE

What do you mean by a special thread? Do you mean a thread with new replies? I think the difference here is that you have to click on the orange "NEW" icon to go to the first new unread post in that thread. If you just click on the thread title, it takes you to the first page of the thread. I'm not sure if that answers the question or not. (Probably not.)

Love Expresso

If you just click on the thread title, it takes you to the first page of the thread. I'm not sure if that answers the question or not. (Probably not.)

Sorry, "special" was used without thinking. It was not useful. BUT:

If I clicked on the thread title, didn't it take me to the LAST page of the thread normally?   ???  And didn't we have this problem some weeks/months ago?

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Hi Dan, thanks for the upgrade! No problem until  now, and it really looks "contemporary". Maybe you should save (if there is still chance) and post some screen shots of the old style for reference and memories.  Thanks LE for the question about the buttons, it troubled me too.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
Haha looks great Dan!

And yes, the first links I was looking for was the "unread posts since last visit" thanks for helping out.

LE: If you clicked "new" behind a thread then it will take you to the last unread post. Never saw a forum where, by clicking the title, it took you automatically to the last page.
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Dan, maybe I don't remember correctly, but wasn't there a favicon? No sign of it now.  It looks quite peculiar to see an empty white sheet. If there wasn't one, can you do something?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi Dan, Firstly, many thanks for all your hard work upgrading this site!   :)

Mine is more of a puzzle than something missing.   When I logged in this morning, my username appeared in uppercase letters, although I was typing in lowercase and I tried many times, but I wasn't allowed in.   Then, it eventually appeared in lowercase and let me in and now it is back to uppercase and WILL let me in.  I know it is not a problem with my keyboard.   Thanks!

EDIT:   It only happens in the box above the banner.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:47:45 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Looks fantastic!  I thought at first I had to click on every section individually to check if I had any unread posts but I should have know better!  A simple click on the box at the top left and my life is complete again.  Well, almost! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
The "Show new replies to your posts" and "Show unread messages" buttons are too up and too small.

These two buttons are what I use the most in the forum, are the best tool to follow everything so if its possible to move them to the place they were before or make it bigger or both...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Thanks a million Dan! It seems it worked out quit well. Hope you had a little sleep too. Love Ingrid

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 43 queries.