Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Upgrade Bugs - Find something broken or missing in the new forum? Post it here!  (Read 15060 times)

Love Expresso

The "Show new replies to your posts" and "Show unread messages" buttons are too up and too small.

These two buttons are what I use the most in the forum, are the best tool to follow everything so if its possible to move them to the place they were before or make it bigger or both...

Yes, I would agree.

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Hi, Dan,

glad it alls seems to have worked out well. But I miss the "Show new posts since your last visit" function?

EDIT: Found it! It might be a problem for some others, so I am proud to tell that's the two buttons on the left of "HELLO (USER NAME)  ;D

LE

Thank you very much
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi Dan, I've just noticed that the links at the top of the page for Richard, Guy and Knopflertk are missing.   Will they be coming back?  Thanks!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Also the quote that some of us have added under the text and the line, is following right after  the text and not going on the bottom following the size of the avatar,as it used to.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

Some do, some don't. Mine and Supervals signatures seem to be down on the bottom as usual?

LE

Love Expresso

"Top banner design by KnopflerSized"? Or Knopflerized?  ;)

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Some do, some don't. Mine and Supervals signatures seem to be down on the bottom as usual?

LE
true. My first question ( not posted) was already answered, so I' m fine. And yes it sure looks mighty on a pad!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Before it was a kind of clock telling how many days, hours, minutes etc etc were you connected, now that is missing. Its not that it was important, but as the advice says that if there is something missing

;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
Hi,
No artwork for me too, I'm using Chrome and IE.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Hi,
No artwork for me too, I'm using Chrome and IE.

Hey there, did you already try a complete reload by pressing [STRG] and [F5]?
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
OK, thanks all for the feedback! Here's an update on what's been fixed...

1.) Fixed the website "favorites" icon. Somehow, during the upgrade, the original file became corrupted. It has been replaced.
(However, in FF for some reason, it only displays on the main index page. It seems to go away once you leave the index page. Need to look into this.)
2.) Removed the small icons at the top of the page for showing unread posts since last visit, and new replies to your posts. Made text larger and changed color scheme to match the footer. Also, completely removed the awkward looking capital letters that caused some login confusion. It came that way with the theme, but has been removed.
3.) Fixed the typo in knopflerized's user name in the signature. Thanks for pointing that one out!
4.) Added total time logged in right after the welcome message at the top of the page. Some may not want to see this stat. I am one of those people. ;) (The original theme did not have it.)

...and still what needs to be done...

1.) Add external links back to the top.

...other reported issues...

I will be re-installing the old version of the forum with the original themes soon. The forum will be read only and registration will be closed. Then we can pinpoint what functionality is different between the two versions of SMF and perhaps try to mimic the old functionality in the new version.
You'll see it here soon: www.amarkintime.org/forum3

1.) Fonts are too small or are unreadable. We may want to change the fonts to something larger and more readable for all. (I too find this font a bit hard to read in the post editing window.)
2.) Text appears small when quoting another post.
3.) Some users are reporting that they are unable to see the main banner on top. I now believe this MIGHT be a Javascript issue. I will report back with my findings soon.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:56:33 PM by Dan »
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Love Expresso

Jesus, thanks Dan! Sounds really like HARD work! Take a break, it is running great and smoothly! Thanks again for doing all this!

LE

Offlinejennja

• Guitar George
Hi,

Am I doing something wrong or is the avatar function not working properly? I uploaded--shows I did--but no indication or button to push to 'save' and post.

The new site looks very good--nice and streamlined.

" I'm just living with the ringing of tomorrow's ancient rhymes"

Offlinesak4

• Camerado
Hiya

Can you merge the 2 Tour 2013 sites - maybe it could be on the main page as its more easy to find????

Ta

Sally

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Just one wee issue I've noticed is that on occasion the options to "show unread posts" and "show new replies" don't load in and I have to refresh.  I'm using Safari v6.0

Other than that it's great.  I only wish the MK.com gang were as efficient with their new layout!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 45 queries.