Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #01:2012.10.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 78702 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Concert #01:2012.10.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
vgonis, I think a lot about this too, even if it doesn't seem so. But at this (# concert) threads I think the most imporant thing is the first post with set list info and hopefully some reviews from those who attended the particular gig.... I too have had problems to find all those YouTube clips, took me a while to go through all these posts today. But every single one has its right to exist.

You never can take out personality out of a discussion forum... and when you post, you drop your trousers in a way and make yourself attackable... and people that are "only" viewing and reading and not posting have their opinions about it. Direct dialouge between two members can be boring for others but has to be done - it sometimes reveals precious insights for everyone else

Pottel, read it again. I came home from work late, went through all the posts and listened to two YouTube clips and didn't like them. dmg had his problems with the show also, I would not call that "someone starts moaning and all join"... just for the record...

LE

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »
- Ian Thomas playing is growing better and better
- Yon two crows is absolutly dissapointing until the end of the song. They should work a little more in the rest of the song because it sounds so empty with 8 musicians on stage...
- Again the McBeth joke... I dont know if say I
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:37:43 PM by NicoMK »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
hey LE., you know me...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »
...yeah and proud of it....  ;D

First show has all possibilities to grow in every little detail...

I never understood really why everyone is so keen to go to the first show of a tour - apart from the first hand setlist surprises experience... But Amsterdam 2008 for example was pretty lame (in my opinion) compared to what came later on the t o u r ... same with 2010... so who knows what comes up in November. Would love to hear the latest Marbletown, that one that Guy referred to in his diary, from Seattle...

LE
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:19:27 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
Pottel man it is like s e x . One minute you are exited and the next minute you want to get the hell out.   ;) The problem is that both feelings are actually true and real and can co-exist. 

LE thanks for the reply. I have thought of  many of your fine  points and that is why I suggested an ephemera thread. It will catch the thrill of the moment and keep it there in writing, but won't mess with the specific topics. It is more a matter of time and nerves breaking, when you look for something after some time!  ;D But I only suggested it, knowing that it is rather trivial for most of us, that consider music serious fan and spend time talking to people in AMIT.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
regina is nice. not sure yet if i prefer it to winnipeg..let'S wait for vancouver or seattle..

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:25 PM »
regina is nice. not sure yet if i prefer it to winnipeg..let'S wait for vancouver or seattle..
I found Redbud tree to be nicer than Winnipeg, STP to be better than last year, and the rest pretty standard; what did you think ?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »
redbud tree is BETTER in Regina

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2012, 05:03:37 AM »
All right, that's it, time to stand up for Mark! Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it is negative or positive, but are you sure you guys are really fans? What a load of negative crap about these live performances. First of all, you guys haven't actually seen a show yet this tour have you. These live songs kick ass, and are all even better than the album versions. I seriously don't know what you guys expect. Maybe Justin Beiber has a concert coming up soon that you might want to check out.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2012, 07:17:09 AM »
All right, that's it, time to stand up for Mark! Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it is negative or positive, but are you sure you guys are really fans? What a load of negative crap about these live performances. First of all, you guys haven't actually seen a show yet this tour have you. These live songs kick ass, and are all even better than the album versions. I seriously don't know what you guys expect. Maybe Justin Beiber has a concert coming up soon that you might want to check out.

That is a ridiculous thing to say. Because one is critical doesn't me he isn't a fan..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49:57 AM »

That's the right attitude. Bravo. And it's spelled "Bieber".

:disbelief

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:09 AM »

Good morning Communique! I have been wondering about the status of my fan ship for quite some time now, because I tend to be more critical about Mark and his songs. There are several factors that we have to take into consideration. They are written jokingly of course (don't be offended) but with a dose of truth just for good measure. Thank you for lifting my spirits .  ;D
1.We are, too, getting old and grumpy
2.Our perception of time is changing since we realize we have less time, thus we get more critical about things because we don't have much to waste in anything less than perfect.
3.We have gone a long way since the DS days and heard and learnt a lot more so we became more choosy.
4.We reminiscent the good old days (or maybe we haven't grown at all) and all these new songs and directions seem Greek to us, and for the Greeks seem Chinese.
5.The songs are weaker and even the fan status can not help us with it. And by the way where is the guitar we were all promised?
6.The definition of fan has changed. It means the Bieber fans that go out and buy everything that even bares the name Bieber, go to his sync lip -  dance concerts, scream and faint at his sight and throw him our wet underpants, before he even sings a note and dream of him night and day until the next replacement comes along. Since fan is a derivative from fanatics, it actually means that the logic is eclipsed and passion and unquestioning faith has taken its place. But Mark doesn't want this. So repeat after me:"We are all unique people with free spirit and mind and we will not repeat what anybody says"
6.We are unable to remove the label "fan" from our foreheads and lives because we still buy and listen to his music, spend so much time discussing it in forums like this, but we actually do it, so fellow fans like you come forward and prove their loyalty to the man.
7.It is music man. We chose this kind of setting to spend our lives, rather than discussing football or cars or women (no offense ladies, we don't discuss about you,  not because you don't worth it but because you would be able to  read it and it would be embarrassing) .
8.Does the length of this post proves I am a fan, or just an fool wasting his time?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
Well written and said.

I am really astonished why I am attacked and offended since yesterday, only because I said I don't like these two YouTube clips??
Not allowed here? Should I re-think what I thought about Terry and MKNews and think that the worst thing that can happen to you
are totally intolerant and so-called "fans" and political correctness disciples? If I am not allowed to say what I like and don't like ABOUT MARK'S MUSIC, I think I better leave. And if I address a post to dmg in the hope that he gets my humour, it would be fine that anyone attacking me keeps this in mind before he/she recommends me to go to a Justin Bieber show...

I had to get this off my chest, sorry for making this thread uninteresting for all the FANS out there...

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 46 queries.