Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #01:2012.10.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 78438 times)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: Concert #01:2012.11.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
Were there any tapers at the show? I'm anxious to hear what "Yon Two Crows" sounds like live ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »
From Richard:

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

06-Oct-2012

Having gone to bed early the night before, I woke early yesterday morning.  Opened the curtains to a bleak dawn... snowing, grey and the wind howling, blowing the snow sideways.  A great morning to ring room service and have a large pot of coffee sent up.  I found a very usable gym in the hotel though the first order of business was locating the remote control units for the three televisions that were blaring a chirpy morning talk show in unison. I suppose it could have been worse if they were all on different stations.  Why do people think noise equals motivation?  I found the remotes and as I was the only one using the facility, the screens went mercifully dark.

The weather never relented so it was a day of mopping up a lot of e-mail and falling into the black hole of a website devoted to children's records that my wife sent  http://www.kiddierecords.com/2005/index.htm   Being a record collector and having once been a child, I remember many of these wonderful discs from when I was a kid.  The guy who put this site together has really spent an enormous amount of time and attention to detail in making his personal collection available to all.

A late check out from the hotel and it off to the MTS Centre for our first show of the tour.  It was like we'd never had a year break from touring, the old routine of dumping the bags in the dressing room and rooting around for something to eat, sound check, dinner, dress etc. seems to be encoded in our DNA.  It was great seeing Bob's band and crew again, loads of hellos and catching up on the year gone by.  It was time to do our first gig and what a great one we had.  I can't remember a first show where everyone was so confident and relaxed.  I won't give away the tunes that we're doing but will say that there's a healthy selection from the the new Privateering album and they went down brilliantly with the audience. It couldn't have been a better launch to this tour.  That followed by a 7 hour bus ride to Regina, Saskatchewan, arriving just past 3 this morning and playing tonight.  We're officially on tour.

So long,

Richard

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:27:55 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
Nobody can confirm if MK played with his Bobness, and in which songs?
The pictures says it all   ;D
There's on guy on centre playing guitar. Mark's typical position.
On the background all musicians wearing hats. No idea who they can be ?  ;)
If it was flashy shirts I would say maybe ... Guy Fletcher ?   ::)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
Tunnel - There is no doubt that MK was on stage with Bob, that is not in dispute, but there is no mention of it from anyone who was there, or on Bill Pagel's setlist!   In fact nothing about Mark's set at all! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »
I'm soooooo excited, I can hardly think straight.  7 new songs from the new album????? That's soooo awesome !  That's not quite Mark, don't you think? But, I'm sooo happyyyy.  All the songs I love to hear live maybe except SFA which could be replaced by SOS. Anyway, I really don't care about what BD fans have to say.  What song did Mark play with BD?

Now, I really can't wait for my  3 shows in less than 2 weeks.    :)

The songs he played were pretty predictable from the London shows he did and the new songs are probably pretty easy to play.  Also they did perform a few of them last time out so they've already had a good practice.  I can't say that the set thrills me at all except Crows.  The rest zzz...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »
I LOVE this set list !! ;D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
Don't mind bout the people on ER. Their obsessiveness can be of use at times. And they are well organized. And except for the few idiots there, there are actually quitea few mk fans.
I read various references to mk....

Why don't they mention that there was someone else in this concert - MK and that he shared the stage with BD for at least one song?   If you read ER it seems there was only one person performing!    :o
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/MissCaraMason/status/254382078567792640?photo=1
Thanks for the picture.
So MK joins Bob on stage since the first show.  ;D ;D ;D
The best news so far !

So that's Mark there in that blurry pic! Great! I still gives me goosebumps just to think that those should share a stage. Wonderful.

And hey, okay, he could have gone for a different opener than What It Is, and I could live without So Far Away, but otherwise the setlist is just great! Seven new songs! That's exactly how it should be. Bob should think about it, too (although I see that it's kind of hard to find seven new AND great songs on Tempest).

I don't get it, it looks like Mark's band in that picture, not Dylan's. Richard on the right, Glenn on the left...?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/MissCaraMason/status/254382078567792640?photo=1
Thanks for the picture.
So MK joins Bob on stage since the first show.  ;D ;D ;D
The best news so far !

So that's Mark there in that blurry pic! Great! I still gives me goosebumps just to think that those should share a stage. Wonderful.

And hey, okay, he could have gone for a different opener than What It Is, and I could live without So Far Away, but otherwise the setlist is just great! Seven new songs! That's exactly how it should be. Bob should think about it, too (although I see that it's kind of hard to find seven new AND great songs on Tempest).

I don't get it, it looks like Mark's band in that picture, not Dylan's. Richard on the right, Glenn on the left...?

I believe you're right, Tally!   That is why it's not mentioned on Bill Pagel's set list, or by anyone on the forum!  I thought I could see Bob's hat though.   :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
Thought some of you might enjoy this pic.  ;D

Love Expresso

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
Oh c'mon.

LE

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
That's definitely Mark and the band...if you look carefully..you can see Mark's red Reinhardts behind him.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
So, did MK play or not with his Bobness?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
For this tour, we should continue and call him Krusty...  :lol

Isn't it a pity that in times of internet and all we still don't know it? Some of those ignorants over there should be so nice and report... 

LE

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
Here's the article that accompanies the pic I posted above.

Bob Dylan Can't Sing
by Marvelous Marvin , posted Jun 1 2011 8:46AM
The one thing all my ex-wives have in common is that they cannot stand Bob Dylan. That made me listen to him all the more. Even my beautiful bride Pamela can't stand him, but she likes me and that's why we've been together for a decade and it seems like we've always been together.

When it comes to Bob there is no middle ground. Either you love him or you hate him. He can't sing is the common complaint. The great thing about music is that there is no right or wrong. If you like it it's good and if you don't it's no good.

I love Bob Dylan. That

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 40 queries.