Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #03:2012.10.08, Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 13944 times)

OfflineThe Privateer

• Guitar George
  • "You watch me and I'll watch thee, I can still work for two men and drink for three"
So glad that YTC is back on the set.  HFB , that's my most favorite MK solo.

Good news!  :thumbsup
"This is my investigation - It's not a public inquiry"

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
It's not "arrogance", dmg, when a musician plays what he or she wants to play and not what you want him or her to play. And it's not "arrogance" when he or she plays in the style they choose to play in. It's simply not.

And I loved the phrase "Toontown on turkey day" in that StarPhoenix review, kind of scintillating and cheesy at the same time. It grabbed my attention, anyway.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:53:30 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=424890
!!!!!!
soomlos simply rocks...
Indeed ! So this guy is going to all NA shows, just like Isaac in the GL tour ? and he goes to every venue with a pair of hifi mics + a portable pre-amplifier working on battery + a state-of-the-art digital recorder ? God, he deserves a medal of honnor ! On this show he just made a little mistake - the track naming is messed up, starting with "Haul Away" which is actually latter in the set; I almost got a heart attack when I saw that HFB was down from 5.30min to 4.30min, until I realized it was the wrong track :)

On the show itself, here are the highlights to me:

-Did you notice that YTC (my favourite live new song by far - well I have yet to hear KOG from yesterday...) is no less than 28 seconds longer than the Winnipeg version ?? That's 12 seconds more for the first part of the song and 16 seconds more for the end solo (from 1'24'' to 1'40''). Like I said before, I knew there was room for expansion on this one ! the end solo is just fab !

- Marbletown is just unbelievable ! after 4 years of good service, still crazy new experiments on this one ! really worth the listen.

- Redbud tree disappointed me a little, compared to the Regina version which I think had a more creative middle solo.

- HFB is great on this one.

All in all, a fabulous show, an out of this world YTC, and a fab sound thanks to soomlos... go for it !!

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I only had time to listen to YTC, RT, half Marbletown. Fabulous.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Corned Beef City with this version is killer. Perfect drumming with up tempo from Ian Thomas. :thumbsup

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
But they deleted the small drums intro to What it is  :smack

I always thought that it gives a special touch to the song, bad that they deleted that  :'(
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
But they deleted the small drums intro to What it is  :smack

I always thought that it gives a special touch to the song, bad that they deleted that  :'(
You mean this kind of "military parade" drums by Ian at the beginning ? actually it is still there, only that in Winnipeg it precedes the lead guitar, whereas in Saskatoon they play together... :)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
Thats what I meant with INTRO...

If its played with all the instruments, its not a drum intro anymore  :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=424890
!!!!!!
soomlos simply rocks...
Indeed ! So this guy is going to all NA shows, just like Isaac in the GL tour ? and he goes to every venue with a pair of hifi mics + a portable pre-amplifier working on battery + a state-of-the-art digital recorder ? God, he deserves a medal of honnor ! On this show he just made a little mistake - the track naming is messed up, starting with "Haul Away" which is actually latter in the set; I almost got a heart attack when I saw that HFB was down from 5.30min to 4.30min, until I realized it was the wrong track :)

On the show itself, here are the highlights to me:

-Did you notice that YTC (my favourite live new song by far - well I have yet to hear KOG from yesterday...) is no less than 28 seconds longer than the Winnipeg version ?? That's 12 seconds more for the first part of the song and 16 seconds more for the end solo (from 1'24'' to 1'40''). Like I said before, I knew there was room for expansion on this one ! the end solo is just fab !

- Marbletown is just unbelievable ! after 4 years of good service, still crazy new experiments on this one ! really worth the listen.

- Redbud tree disappointed me a little, compared to the Regina version which I think had a more creative middle solo.

- HFB is great on this one.

All in all, a fabulous show, an out of this world YTC, and a fab sound thanks to soomlos... go for it !!

he's done litterally hundreds and hundreds of Dylan shows, and taped them all, got shitloads of them. Here's the guy that actual went and recorded a lot of last years' shows (both bob and mark) on two different recorders, with two different mics (neumanns and akg's or something like that.
And he isa nice guy

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
after a long time of not listeningto dwb i gotta say i was very amused by Jimbo's accordion playing on this song, it sounded fresh again....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
after a long time of not listeningto dwb i gotta say i was very amused by Jimbo's accordion playing on this song, it sounded fresh again....

I always have a picture in my mind of Geriant wobbling from side to side with that huge grin playing his accordion on the STP tour.  Absolutely hilarious sight! :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

I always have a picture in my mind of Geriant wobbling from side to side with that huge grin playing his accordion on the STP tour.  Absolutely hilarious sight! :lol

When I think about Geraint Watkins three memories comes to head:

1. Him trying to get to his hammond pedals, I was sure that he was about to fall of his chair
2. At MK & Friends 2012 concerts, lots of people waiting for tyhe musicians to ask them signs and photos, he came out and everybody ignored him
3. Everytime I see him, Adam

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.