Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #05:2012.10.10 Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome, Canada # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 13214 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Just 11 songs? no Haul Away?

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Thanks DMG  ;D

My point is, if I can bother to tape, edit and share the Krusty concert when I didnt care a damm about it and I had very tiring and noising memories about it (and the band was very very good, but too high volume and Krusty groaring), why can

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
and moi?
:-)
the mk shows ARE being recorded.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Thanks DMG  ;D

My point is, if I can bother to tape, edit and share the Krusty concert when I didnt care a damm about it and I had very tiring and noising memories about it (and the band was very very good, but too high volume and Krusty groaring), why can
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
and moi?
:-)
the mk shows ARE being recorded.
ok, special dedication for you as well.
Anyone else wants to be recordef as big Krusty fan ?  ;)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
wow,very nice review!!

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Krusty may have gotten top billing..but MK got the better review ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
I assume you'll be going to one or more of their shows this year. I doubt you would have had that opportunity, if Bob hadn't asked Mark to support him. Mark mostly tours to promote a new album but has no new album in the States;  Bob, in contrast, just tours and tours anyway, irrespective of whether he has a new album or not. That is not a criticism of either. They just have different ways of doing things. The same is true of their concert performnaces. Mark changed his most common touring pattern, this year and last, because he was asked and because the two of them share a mutual respect. It is a shame that fans of each don't do the same.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
Krusty may have gotten top billing..but MK got the better review ;D

Even the facebook commenters were more fond of MK than BD...
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
I assume you'll be going to one or more of their shows this year. I doubt you would have had that opportunity, if Bob hadn't asked Mark to support him. Mark mostly tours to promote a new album but has no new album in the States;  Bob, in contrast, just tours and tours anyway, irrespective of whether he has a new album or not. That is not a criticism of either. They just have different ways of doing things. The same is true of their concert performnaces. Mark changed his most common touring pattern, this year and last, because he was asked and because the two of them share a mutual respect. It is a shame that fans of each don't do the same.

many do Twm ;)
I for one

Love Expresso

It is more some sort of banter or teasing, meant in a friendly way, the same as Krusty is meant as a pet name... at least from my point of view.

LE

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
The name calling doesn't bother me. I've read and heard far worse. At least Dylan's not Sideshow Bob. Maybe we should call the tour The Itchy and Scratchy Show. Which is which, I wonder?

The newspaper reviews of concerts don't bother me, either. I've attended shows where the reviews have been good but I've not enjoyed the performance personally; conversely, I've been to shows where the reviews have been ghastly and come away elated myself. Dylan is perverse - you get good shows and you get less good shows. Even within one show, you get great performances and perfunctory performances.  At least, he's not a machine ["The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from being seen / But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine"].

I note that some of reviews mention that both "mumble" their lyrics, Dylan less clearly than Mark.  When you read this sort of remark, you know that the reviewer is an "average joe" and likely not judging the show by the standards that you and I would apply. They're not right or wrong; they just have a different perspective.  Reviewers comment that Dylan barely speaks and that Mark does; fine, they just go about their work in different ways. Reviewers also mention that Mark "showcases" his band members and Dylan doesn't; as it happens, I sometimes wish Dylan would do this but it really doesn't bother me.

Additionally, I've read uniformly positive, and even excessively laudatory, reviews of a Dylan album that is clearly nowehere near as good as the reviewer says. Sometimes, I think reviewers, having tossed off a less good review of the previous album which they have come to like and admire in time, fear they may get it wrong this time round and/or may wish to make amends for the previous review. I just read the reviews, put them into the file (mental or actual) and get on with things.

I grudge no one their views, even when I don't agree with them. It would be awful (dangerous possibly) if we all liked the same thing. What is indisputable, in my view, is that, had Dylan not have written the songs he has written, then Mark would never have written the songs he's written. He may have written other songs (who knows?) and they may have been good songs or less good songs (again, who knows?) but they wouldn't have been the songs we know and love today. [And the same applies to many other songwriters, too]

And, like Dylan, Mark goes on and on writing songs, as he gets older and .... what shall I say ... matures. And I for one hope that they both go on writing new songs for years to come.  It gives me a lot of pleasure and fun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.