Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Recordings of Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan North American Tour 2012  (Read 152067 times)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: Recordings of Mark Knopfler and Bob Dylan North American Tour 2012
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »
How come when I play the files, I just hear some clicking sounds?
What player are you using? These are FLAC files...Media Player wont play them.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 04:49:10 AM »
Thank you so much for uploading the Winnipeg concert, Pottel! But what software do I need to open it?

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »
How come when I play the files, I just hear some clicking sounds?
What player are you using? These are FLAC files...Media Player wont play them.
I'm using BS player! I've been able to get other .flac files to work fine for me  :'(

Offlineruipedro

• Local Hero
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »
 8)I

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:43 AM »
I use Winamp. vers 5.63
http://www.winamp.com/media-player/download/all

They play fine but wasn't able to burn to CD......

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »
Foobar2000, or Winamp, or vlc ....
@dmg:bit too harsh methinks...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »
Soomlos confirmed "there'll be more." And that he's "convincing the other Dylan tapers to record mk too."
Like I did. Them man's a blessing!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
I don't think I was too harsh at all.  I could have said worse but didn't want banned!!  In fact I had nightmares last night and a restless night over it all.  Last year Mark was full of energy and playing better than in years, now what has happened over the course of 12 months?  He seems to have very little confidence in his playing, doesn't really go for the fast licks like he did before...  I just don't get it - what's happened?  If he's going to play HFB like that he must drop it to save his reputation or buck up his ideas.

Crows doesn't really work for me either.  I'll give t a chance because it was it's first outing but it sounds like a poor mans It Never Rains type and that was dropped because they never really nailed it.  Same with Silvertown.  If this is Speedways replacement then I'm not a happy man.  The solo is only a minute long anyway.  Wow. :-\

Plus points were WII and Knoxville which sounded nice, but that'll just sound identical every night.

So what did the show offer the listener then?  Great guitar?  No.  Great vocals?  No.  A great band?  Yes.  The rest of the band have now taken over the show.  In fact it seems to me that was Marks idea in the first place.  I go to see Mark, no on else.  He is advertised as the artist I'm paying to see.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:32 PM »
Ouch... that hurts.

I can agree with you on one thing, HFB has been played better before, there were not too many fast licks.

And yes YTC solo could be longer. In fact there is hope, because I timed both Winnipeg and Vancouver (on the horrible video clip we've got) and the solo is 10 seconds longer on Vancouver, so we can hope for expansion.

Still, I think the Winnipeg concert is great: superb WII as yourself pointed out... did you notice Ian's kind of "military music" intro on drums ? (and there are fast licks ! ); Marbletown is outstanding, they have taken a whole new approach to it, it's breathtaking ! Redbud Tree is brillant with this nice pedal steel work, even Knoxville which is not my cup of tea in the first place sounds great here.

Yes Speedway is dropped and this is sad, but hey, we have so many recordings of it... the RLRR version on DVD is perfect (and with no flute ! ) :)

For me, nothing to complain about except ok for a little too laid-back HFB. An outstanding first show ! C'mon !

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »
Can't use torrent !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone share it with Rapideshare or Fileshare or .... something else ! can't wait to listen to this live ! Thank you
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
Ouch... that hurts.

I can agree with you on one thing, HFB has been played better before, there were not too many fast licks.

And yes YTC solo could be longer. In fact there is hope, because I timed both Winnipeg and Vancouver (on the horrible video clip we've got) and the solo is 10 seconds longer on Vancouver, so we can hope for expansion.

Still, I think the Winnipeg concert is great: superb WII as yourself pointed out... did you notice Ian's kind of "military music" intro on drums ? (and there are fast licks ! ); Marbletown is outstanding, they have taken a whole new approach to it, it's breathtaking ! Redbud Tree is brillant with this nice pedal steel work, even Knoxville which is not my cup of tea in the first place sounds great here.

Yes Speedway is dropped and this is sad, but hey, we have so many recordings of it... the RLRR version on DVD is perfect (and with no flute ! ) :)

For me, nothing to complain about except ok for a little too laid-back HFB. An outstanding first show ! C'mon !

Sorry, Speedway is the best live song since TOL;  so much room for improvisation - every version is different.

Redbud sounds exactly the same as the album almost note for note!  Only difference is the guitar tone isn't as nice and clean.  I don't see much room for improv on that.

I'll take your word for it on Marbletown.  I'm not going to bother listening to that any more. :disbelief

Privateering was pretty poor too.  A few scruffy moments (in his playing) and it sounded (in his vocal) like Mark was concentrating more on his playing this time than his singing compared with last tour when his singing was stronger in this number.

Sonny Liston is actually a nice version.  Pity I never really liked the song and I'm fed up with it to the back teeth now! ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:28:41 PM by dmg »

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
thanks pottel for uploading.  Does anyone know if they will convert to mp3 so I can stick them on my ipod. I can listen to them on vlc player but so far been unable to convert them. 

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
Sorry, Speedway is the best live song since TOL;  so much room for improvisation - every version is different.

Redbud sounds exactly the same as the album almost note for note!  Only difference is the guitar tone isn't as nice and clean.  I don't see much room for improv on that.

I'll take your word for it on Marbletown.  I'm not going to bother listening to that any more. :disbelief

Privateering was pretty poor too.  A few scruffy moments (in his playing) and it sounded (in his vocal) like Mark was concentrating more on his playing this time than his singing compared with last tour when his singing was stronger in this number.

Sonny Liston is actually a nice version.  Pity I never really liked the song and I'm fed up with it to the back teeth now! ;D
Speedway is fab, no doubt about it, but it is also nice to hear new songs.
I am no big fan of Privateering nor Sonny Liston so  I did not bother.
I like the work on Redbud even if it is similar to the album...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
thanks pottel for uploading.  Does anyone know if they will convert to mp3 so I can stick them on my ipod. I can listen to them on vlc player but so far been unable to convert them.

If you have a Mac, try Music Converter Pro.  Converts all types to and from all types!

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »

If you have a Mac, try Music Converter Pro.  Converts all types to and from all types!

thanks dmg, im just a lowly pc user, but have found some free software called boxoft that is working. Ive always used switch sound convertor, but for some reason that didnt work with these files.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.