Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #10:2012.10.18 San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Aud, USA # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 41867 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Ah right, thanks.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Ahm, I was looking at Pottel's post now and found KoG, which can only be Kingdom of Gold??? And that one hasn't been played before if I am not mistaken?
So why not giving it TWO exclamation marks?? Pretty amazing to hear a new song after all...

LE
I was played in the second warm-up gig in London.
I hope to hear it... but I also hope that YTC (the best thing since Speedway) is not dropped early !!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Ahm, I was looking at Pottel's post now and found KoG, which can only be Kingdom of Gold??? And that one hasn't been played before if I am not mistaken?
So why not giving it TWO exclamation marks?? Pretty amazing to hear a new song after all...

LE
I hope to hear it... but I also hope that YTC (the best thing since Speedway) is not dropped early !!

Apparently Yon Two Crows was dropped to play Kingdom of gold...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

LE

Apparently Yon Two Crows was dropped to play Kingdom of gold...
Yes I know... I just hope it is only once in while and not forever.
I can't imagine next year if YYC is not played in Paris... :(

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I wish I could put my thoughts in a few sentences to describe how brilliant the performance was last night !!!!  Fantastic would be an understatement for both Mark 's and Bob's. :thumbsup

First off, standing in line for a good 3 hours with the strong intention of getting to the front did pay off at the end.  So, again last night, I secured a slightly less perfect spot than the night before at the front next to the rail. Another fun thing about going to Geneal Admission is you get to engage in conversations with perfect strangers who share your passions in music. Everbody feeds of everybody's else.  Let me tell you, I've taked with countless numbers of Dylan's get a lifers, who just couldn't stop praising Mark and the band for the briliant performance last night. It was vibrantly  full of energy,  at some points riveting.   
I'm talking about Marbletown when John and Glen faced off on their instruments. 

The auditorium was completely filled up with happy faces as far away as my eyes could see.  The thunderous roars and vigorous cheers from fans across every age spans could be heard miles and miles away. 

I have the recordings both audio and video to proove my case.  You sometimes forget how wonderful the shows you saw the previous nights, weeks , years were , until you listen to them again.  That's just what I did when I got up this morning.  Die-hard Dylan's fans many of whom I struck up conversations with simply couldn't stop marvelling about Mark's guitar performance .  Many said they could just  listen to it all night long. It couldn't be further from the truth. Many neutral concert goers I talked with whole hearted embracing Mark's music over Dylan's.  That made me really happy.

Mark got out a guitar last night that was shiny grey. I don't remember which song.  I don't think I've ever seen it before. I have to go back to the video to see which song he played on it last night. 

OK. Highlight of the show last night had to be "Kindom of Gold"  I like the song a lot on the album.  Mark nailed it last night "LIVE" It was soooo sensational , it moved me to tears.  ( I've never been to MK's concerts where I don't cry!) :'(  "Kingdom of Gold" did it for me !!!!! :'( :'( :'(

To sum it up. It was a fabulous show ! loades of energy. They were all on fire.  Excellent synergy between Mark and the band. The crowds really loved it when Ian came out with the washboard. It was fun ! :thumbsup :clap

Ladies : Mark fitted himself last night with same attire.  Black jeans, black T, Black shirt. Did I forgot to say he had on a pair of brown Quality Shoes. ;)

I did manage to record this show from beginning to end audio and video .  Great sound quality on audio.  You guys will love it.  It has to be next week when I get round to sort all my tapings.  I have 2 more shows to go to . Tonight and tomorrow.

Dylan's show was so enjoyable and extremely fun.  The band was in high gear so was Bob last night.  He smiled , he pranced around, banged away on the piano in between the harmonica.  The crowds went absolutely wild. There was no end to all the dancing, and screaming.  It was so rejuvenating, it made you feel like you are in your teens again.  He rocked the night away that was for sure.  I absolutely had a tremendous time hanging out with cool Dylan's folks.
 :thumbsup :clap 

Contrary to all the nonsense of press reviews of people walked away from Dylan's, I didn't see that happened, not around me.  Who knows ??

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
Sounds like you had a great show.

Dylan can be hit and miss.
It could depend on where you are in the venue.

For example in Vancouver,  Mark's sound was amazing,  but the sound of Dylan's was horrible.
The couple beside me walked out, and they were Dylan fans.
I think he was too stoned that night ... Not sure.

In Seattle, he was a bit better, his vocals were better, and sound was better,
but there were still some songs that were unintelligible, and I am a Dylan fan too,
and know the words....

In Portland he was better than Seattle, but still some horrible sounding piano playing...

Love Expresso

You think he uses to be stoned on stage (still)?

LE

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
You think he uses to be stoned on stage (still)?

LE

Not sure,  it could be he is too old or too much brain damage from previous years,
or its just Dylan.  He is an enigma.   A brilliant lyricist,  but he really cant play music well,
and his vocals sometimes are very rough.
And before the Dylan fans come down on me,  I am a Dylan fan too,  but more of a Mark Knoplfer fan....

Guy I sat beside in Portland, said in the 80's Dylan came out for a show, was completely drunk or stoned, only played 1 song, was booed, and then walked off mad.  That was the end of the show.  The fans didnt get their money back either.

I like to think I am objective,  but Dylan really sucks some nights.
Other nights he can be great.  His band is awesome.  Charlie S e x ton is a great guitar player.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi Sweetsurrender!     Thank you for your great review and also for the videos, etc.  I'm glad you had a good time at the show.   :)   

About the brown shoes - I remember being only a few feet away from MK at the Hay-on-Wye book-signing for Kitty's book.   MK was dressed entirely in black - jeans, T-shirt, zipped cardigan and BROWN shoes!   ;D    I think he must really like brown shoes!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I heard similar story about Dylan.  I think last night he was particularly in a good spirit compared to the night before.  He mentioned San Francisco and the crowds went berserks.  For me a man in his 70's, I have to give a lot of credits to him. I wish I had discovered him generations before. Well. later than never.

And Yes, Charlie, he's a heart-throb and a great guitar player to boot.  Is the guy on Bass name is " Tony"?   I like the way the band dress.  Very cool. 

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
bassist Tony Garnier.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Sweetsurrender, it sounds like you're having the time of your life.  Thanks for your detailed reviews including, most importantly, what MK was wearing.  Black jeans, huh ???  I like it :-*
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Thnx for your recording efforts.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Sweetsurrender, it sounds like you're having the time of your life.  Thanks for your detailed reviews including, most importantly, what MK was wearing.  Black jeans, huh ???  I like it :-*

Yeah ! I had a time of my life.  The jeans and T looked like the ones he wore yesterday. The shirt had  different patterns.  Same Brown quality shoes.  He must have many same shirts ???

Mark looked like he was in very good spirit, smiled a lot.  They must have a pretty restful time in SF in 80's F weather.   Told a little line about Guy with his cheap Bazuki etc.  Oh, don't let me get into the facial expressions last night.  All I could say was " double/triple WOWS"  It will suck today as I'll be rows away.   :( >:( :'( 

Pottel:

Not a problem. The recordings are my treasures that I'll happily share with everyone.  A nice guy offered to put the recorder in his pocket so it wouldn't record too much of my happy screams ! :lol I video recording myself, but the quality kind of sucked eventhough I was up front.  Time to maybe look for a better one. 
Privateering & Kingdom of gold:-  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:29:18 PM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero

like Kingdom of gold .i now there are many (or few, who knows)  that don

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 40 queries.