Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob's behaviour towards MK  (Read 39394 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: Bob's behaviour towards MK
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
Im sure MK is happy with the whole set up as he has known Dylan a long time. I wonder if Dylans band have been allowed to meet MK. If so, I hope they kept to the protocal, no eye contact, no touching and under no circumstances say anything.

Offlineshooting_star_night

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
We all (or should all) have our tickets to Europe, but is he going to be Stateside at all during 2013?

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:59 PM »
I appreciate twm's loyalty to BD.    I am impressed with that, and thank him for his perspective on this thread.    However, I also must agree with those who comment on his reclusiveness and his inaccessibility, not even so much to his fans.   MK was inaccessible during his Get Lucky tour, and we all knew why.    Like twm's explanation, MK was not feeling well at all that tour.  Yet he went on night after night.   We just did not see the casual relaxed MK that we have in the past.    Boy did we see that in Sacramento.   It was a joy to watch him thoroughly enjoying his set and his musicians.   
I don't expect anything of BD except credit where credit is due to the star of this tour.   Last fall and this fall, for the most part, it was as if two different acts just happened to coincide and be fit onto the same stage the same night.     After Dylan's last disasterous tour and his rudeness to his audience then, he needed MK to pull in the tickets.       My sister and brother in law, who is a Dylan fan also went.    My brother in law was disillusioned with Dylan--disappointed after being a lifetime Dylan fan.    And MK made a new fan of my sister.   Normally reticent in her praise, she was enthusiastic.       
And even so, Dylan's fans are Dylan's fans, and I give them that respect.    MK's fans are MK's fans, and they are seeing a vibrant and enthusiastic Mark Knopfler this tour in the US.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
Oh come on girls, we know nothing, god knows what those dinosaurs are up to in their spare time? And as we know nothing all you can do, both sides, is making unfounded assumptions. Again, on last tour 1 hour a day was spent between mark and bob, and not the band, coz it is mark that bob knows and mark with a hired band that he takes on tour. If mark would not have wanted to do so coz he had such (just theoretical!) bad experiences with bob aka Krispy, then trust me, he would not have done it again, we all know how stubborn he can be.
I understand all your feelings, but I really think you are overreaction based on assumptions.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:44 PM »
twm,  I have never found you in the least disrespectful, rude or unpleasant on this forum and I always enjoy reading your posts - even the Bob related ones!  ;)  I was purely expressing my feelings about Bob.  Every evening on stage, Mark thanks Bob for inviting him on his tour -all Bob needs to say is "Thanks Mark for joining me" - it only takes a couple of seconds and is a mark of respect. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »
both sides of the argument are based on assumptions which is why its unwinnable, but if you cant bash the Bob here where can you?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »
Huh? I made zero assumptions, just that surfer boys statements are assumptions and we all know nothing...

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
I would like to add that TWM is an excellent contributor, your posts are always intelligent unlike mine. Its quite daunting having a joust with you, especially on your chosen subject.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
Loseeeeeuuuhhhhrrrr! ;)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
I have no idea what Bob's behavior towards MK is like on this tour, but I would say that the people posting in this thread are probably the only ones who care about it.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »
I have no idea what Bob's behavior towards MK is like on this tour, but I would say that the people posting in this thread are probably the only ones who care about it.
nope. Couldn't care less....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 07:42:47 PM »
nope. Couldn't care less....
I couldnt give a monkeys really, just passing the time with a bit of bob bashing.

Love Expresso

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »
Surferboy does, and I like this thread, so it is a pleasure to give my two pennies, too:

I  might add (to the very first post of surferboy), that it seems to me that it was clear from the very beginning that MK was "just" support act - therefore it seemed only natural to me that Bob had more stage time than Mark. I think Mark has done a lot of things in the past, and made a lot of decisions, to keep his profile low. He COULD have written real hits, being played on every radio station, he COULD have made video clips and all this stuff... but he wants it exactly the way it is right now. And touring with Bob it seems offers the perfect way for him to do what he wants best: Playing live, maybe having less pressure than with hisown full tour, having a great band and just play. And above all it is Bob, his all time favourite and idol, so I guess Mark did not think too long about this decision.

After all: Mark's respect for Bob can be seen in the fact alone that he does it. Guy Fletcher has his own opinion as a hired musician, and as Guy is the man with the tour diary, it is only natural that we tend to take over his observations and feelings. But maybe Mark has a totally other view - as Pottel stated. He is surely not one for waiting at the doorstep and see when for heaven's sake Bob will turn up. It's what it is.  ;)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
In the end, if Mark is happy, then that's all that matters!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
Pottel it is just semantics, but you assume that none of us has real knowledge!  ;D
OK, just a little joke here to break the ice:

I read an add yesterday, saying:
" A 53 volume set of the Larousse Britannica encyclopedia is given away to anyone that cares to come and pick it up. I just got married and my wife knows everything"
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 40 queries.