Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: philly show - Superstorm Sandy charity offer  (Read 14904 times)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
philly show - Superstorm Sandy charity offer
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: philly show - Superstorm Sandy charity offer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
Its a good strategy to fill the venues and help a good cause at the same time.

It could be done for all the venues if he wants, apparently some reports said the duo are playing for almost half empty venues.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
I suspect that those booking this tour anticipated that the combination of Bob and Mark would attract a more substantial response from ticket buyers than has transpired. 

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
I questioned the venue choices when this tour was first announced. Don't understand the logic behind that move. And while Mark and Bob played to a sparse crowd in Milwaukee, Justin Bieber sold out in less than an hour at the same venue. A sad fact of life: young guns sell better than old ones ... even when the old ones are legends!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
I questioned the venue choices when this tour was first announced. Don't understand the logic behind that move. And while Mark and Bob played to a sparse crowd in Milwaukee, Justin Bieber sold out in less than an hour at the same venue. A sad fact of life: young guns sell better than old ones ... even when the old ones are legends!

Sad how the word Bieber has found it's way onto this forum.  I so wish I hadn't read this, but on the other hand it makes me glad that the youngsters of today haven't a clue about real music and we have our own exclusive club called AMIT!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »
Trying to figure out why. Well I will tell you why. It is fun! Your friends do it! It doesn't demand any thought. It is care free as the youngsters. It is actually a show with "music". It is hip because it is happening now! The Bieber guy (don't care about spelling) must look more attractive to the young girls.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »
Trying to figure out why. Well I will tell you why. It is fun! Your friends do it! It doesn't demand any thought. It is care free as the youngsters. It is actually a show with "music". It is hip because it is happening now! The Bieber guy (don't care about spelling) must look more attractive to the young girls.

You can hear the same screaming teenage girls at old footage of The Beatles and Elvis performances too! ;D

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
And back then they were considered the corruptors of the youth!  ;)
Of course I don't think in 10 or even 5 years time anyone will remember biber, but that is beyond the point.  :P

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 02:11:46 AM »
Sad how the word Bieber has found it's way onto this forum.  I so wish I hadn't read this, but on the other hand it makes me glad that the youngsters of today haven't a clue about real music and we have our own exclusive club called AMIT!

Sorry to have made you so downcast dmg. Here's something to perhaps renew your faith: two young boys sitting behind us at the St. Paul concert were at their 65th BD concert.  ;D

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 02:58:26 AM »

Let's see...by the age of 63...Mark has managed to amass a modest fortune..owns one of the most prestigious studios the world over..now owns an art gallery..and is married to an intelligent and beautiful author. Justin Boober will be bankrupt by the time he turns 30.  :think 
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 08:43:07 AM »
Hophead, you are in the land of opportunity. Maybe he'll make it all the way to the White house! (And then be bankrupt  ;)  )

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »

Sorry to have made you so downcast dmg. Here's something to perhaps renew your faith: two young boys sitting behind us at the St. Paul concert were at their 65th BD concert.  ;D

Now that's mightily impressive, but sad that they actually counted! ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
Hophead, you are in the land of opportunity. Maybe he'll make it all the way to the White house! (And then be bankrupt  ;)  )

Well this is the same nation that voted Kings Row actor President and an Austrian bodybuilder mayor so...  God bless America! ;)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »

Well this is the same nation that voted Kings Row actor President and an Austrian bodybuilder mayor so...  God bless America! ;)
Yup..thats us here in the good ol' US...shoot (vote) first..then think   :think. Why do I suddenly feel an urge to listen to "Once upon a time in the West"????   ;D
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »

Yup..thats us here in the good ol' US...shoot (vote) first..then think   :think. Why do I suddenly feel an urge to listen to "Once upon a time in the West"????   ;D

On a side note The California Democratic Party originally wanted Robert Vaughn to challenge Ronald Reagan for Governor.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 36 queries.