Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What an opener!!!  (Read 13739 times)

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
What an opener!!!
« on: March 31, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »
Have you already read this?
http://www.ruthmoody.com/news/
I

Love Expresso

Re: What an opener!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »
And another young beautiful, American lady with long brown hair and a guitar guesting at the Hall - I guess I will stay at Caf

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »
Wonderful!     :thumbsup   

I will also be seeing her and her band at this interesting venue on 5th July:

http://www.thebandroom.co.uk/index.htm

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:59:19 AM »
the interesting thing to me is lower on her website, te fact that she worked with Bruce Hornsby, who, as we all know desperatly wants to play with knopfler one day. maybe the connection leads to something?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Mona Dee

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:26:29 PM »
Why not in Bremen ? And fool-me pre-orded the life-recording of the Bremen-show , only because I have tickets for Bremen :( ... Would have been smarter, to pre-order the recording of a show WITH Ruth Moody... but too late, myself to blame, I was to impatient. :disbelief

Love Expresso

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Mona, don't be to harsh on yourself. She is just opening (half an hour before the concert) and will not be on the recording. Also I am pretty sure that she will not show up /appear at the show itself - would be a nice surprise, though. But as you really can't hear her on the album anyway, why should they bring her up the stage? Redbud Tree with her singing in the background would great of course, of Go, Love. BUT  the London shows will not be available for usb-sticks! They are excluded from the otherwise complete list of  the 2013 show recordings as far as I understand. So you did nothing wrong!  ;)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
Hi LE!   Nice to see you here again!    :wave

I really hope that Ruth joins MK & Band on stage for songs like Seattle and Redbud Tree - also Your Perfect Song, although I doubt if YPS would be played as it's a bonus song.   I can hear her voice very well on all of those songs on the album and I think she enhances them a lot.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Mona, LE is right.
If we look at things from a different angle, it's a pretty lucky situation.
Usually the RAH, the French and the Dutch shows are among the most taped.  ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
Hi, Val! Nice to post again with you in the same thread, too!
I forgot about Seattle (haven't heard the album since December or so), but you are right, her contribution on that is great. But we all know Mark. How realistic is it, that he, although he has her with him during parts of the tour, takes the opportunity and brings her onto the stage to sing with him? He is sooo on safety modus these days.. The set list won't change a bit only because of Ruth. He will play the same new songs as 2012 on the Bob tour, and I expect no great surprises. Apart from Fare Thee Well Northumberland of course.

But Mona, apart from the RAH shows, you are of course right, she guests at some others towns, too, so IF something happens, you can have that documented on a live recording nevertheless. But don't feel sorry for having ordered Bremen, after all it is very nice to have YOUR show as a souvenir.
A start to feel a certain thrill about the Bremen show since a few days, I can't help it.
I haven't abandoned hope for a DVD from the London shows yet. I am in search for a pointy, Last-Night-of-the-Proms-alike Hat for the occasion! I have Isaac's seat, don't forget (my Hat), so they cannot manage to NOT cover me in any audience footage they would get...  8)

LE

Mona Dee

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »
LE and tunnel, thank your for your comfort and further remarks. I will applaud very loud and sing very wrong so I can hear myself on the recording  :D !

Love Expresso

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »
I asked a (fb) friend for some good restaurant/pub locations around the Arena and main train station, so maybe we can all meet in Bremen. I will arrive at 16:00 and have enough time before we have to pick up the tickets (18:00?).

I was in that Arena in 1997 or 1998 last time with a Bob Dylan concert, but it wasn't rebuilt then. It is all very close there. Will be fun!
(My first Dire Straits concerts was there, too, in 1991. So it is some kind of "holy ground" for me.)

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
bremen will be my second show this year. am exited. or starting to get exited. still gotta book my london and brighton trip. all the rest is covered...

Love Expresso

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »
Had a look a few minutes before and found a flight for 55

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
bremen will be my second show this year. am exited. or starting to get exited. still gotta book my london and brighton trip. all the rest is covered...
London trip not booked ? You like to play with fire.  ;)
Even worse than me   :think

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
thinking about taking the train.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 52 queries.