Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Russian shows cancelled  (Read 23561 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Re: Russian shows cancelled
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Thanks superval for posting the Telegraph report, which I would otherwise have missed.  Ditto, foma, for repeating some of the responses within Russia. 

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »
Thanks superval for posting the Telegraph report, which I would otherwise have missed.  Ditto, foma, for repeating some of the responses within Russia. 

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

foma

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »
Another disgusting comments among good ones (fortunately, there is enough of it): "Old fool, why the hell are you going into politics?!", "Mediocre country-guitarist have too high an opinion of oneself!", "I no longer respect Mark Knopfler", etc.

BUT! Some of erupean folks got angry and wrote something like "Russians have got what they are deserved!", "It serves you rght!", etc.

Many people have showed their dark sides, it's what, again, really bothers me. Mark are 100% correct. It's a great decision, because organisations, supported by him, got blamed for nothing! It's like they [authorities] would say to Mark

Mona Dee

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
foma and ustas, thank you so much for your insider-comments ! You have all my sympathy and I hope that the political climate will be better soon !!!

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Mona Dee

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22038958

oh come on BBC, try a better research next time:

"Knopfler released his seventh solo album, Pioneering, last year  " :disbelief

foma

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »

Oh my God, I literally rolling on the flour laughing! Thanks for point this out! :D

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 02:09:54 PM »

Oh my God, I literally rolling on the flour laughing! Thanks for point this out! :D
Ha, well spotted, I didnt notice that. What a bunch of muppets.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »
Sad for the fans, but Mark is very strong in his views re the reasons he gave. His brother David seems to also hold similar views and they are both strong enough to stand by their views.

It even made news in my little sleepy Hollow:- http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/mark-knopfler-cancels-russian-tour-dates/story-e6frea7u-1226613599512

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:04 PM »
I feel sad for the russian fan.

I have not enough knowledge to say if it was the thing to do or not but I am only guessing that for Mark it was the right decision to take.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
However, I 100 percent agree with Mark, it's a great decision. I think it's really hard to find the reason why he cancelled the shows. Deaths in Londongrad is a very good guess. We don't know a larger half of an iceberg in which Mark has involved during all these years. He can be silent, but he's a wealthy and well-known man any way. I can clearly imagine some big-deal-guys giving a buzz to Mark and saying things like "It would be better, Mark Knopfler, if you cancell your Russian dates". Who knows?

Good point, foma, maybe there is some truth in it. You guys in Russia have all my sympathy.
But what bothers me most is the question, in which country he still could play considering his motivation and statement regarding the Russian shows.

<irony>
So maybe there would be only one show in one country: Bhutan, where maximising the people's happiness index is considered more important than the desperate struggle to increase the gross national product like in "our" countries.
</irony>

To cut it short, I think it is a very bad decision and his real reason keeps obscure. I'm deeply disappointed by his move.
It only affects the fans in Russia very badly as the government won't care anyway.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »
However, I 100 percent agree with Mark, it's a great decision. I think it's really hard to find the reason why he cancelled the shows. Deaths in Londongrad is a very good guess. We don't know a larger half of an iceberg in which Mark has involved during all these years. He can be silent, but he's a wealthy and well-known man any way. I can clearly imagine some big-deal-guys giving a buzz to Mark and saying things like "It would be better, Mark Knopfler, if you cancell your Russian dates". Who knows?

Good point, foma, maybe there is some truth in it. You guys in Russia have all my sympathy.
But what bothers me most is the question, in which country he still could play considering his motivation and statement regarding the Russian shows.

<irony>
So maybe there would be only one show in one country: Bhutan, where maximising the people's happiness index is considered more important than the desperate struggle to increase the gross national product like in "our" countries.
</irony>

To cut it short, I think it is a very bad decision and his real reason keeps obscure. I'm deeply disappointed by his move.
It only affects the fans in Russia very badly as the government won't care anyway.

It's not really for me to say but it's perhaps more the principle rather than for anything else.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
the reason why i think it is the one and only reason, is that i have never, ever, since the straits days, seen mark being in so many news outlets then this time, he was litterally in every newspaper (did not check tv or radio)
somehow struck me. any plans and possibilities to go to other shows Foma and Ustas?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
the reason why i think it is the one and only reason, is that i have never, ever, since the straits days, seen mark being in so many news outlets then this time, he was litterally in every newspaper (did not check tv or radio)
somehow struck me. any plans and possibilities to go to other shows Foma and Ustas?

Well, it's certainly a lot of free publicity for him and it will no doubt sell a lot of tickets for his remaining shows!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 46 queries.