Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 64922 times)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
WOW, this is like Christmas with all the fantastic reviews, photos & videos.  Thank you everybody  :-*
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
No doubts. Best Sultans of Swing in last seven years. Faster, inspired, and aparently without guitar's errors.

thanks for the link. Yes I think last year's YTC & KOG solo's, sparked something in MK's playing again.

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Wow  :D
even more after Bucharest!
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
OMG !! WOW ! and WOW !!!!!! :clap :clap  I couldn't believe what I heard.  SOS played with such energy !!!!  I had to get up and danced around with it.  Never heard it played like this before !!!!!! Who said Mark couldn't play SOS the way it used to be played?????  Amazing !!!  What a treat for fans in Isatanbul !!!! :thumbsup :clap  Hope there will be some close up videos surfacing soon.

Love Expresso

"This is Irish Boy. It's a very old song." - "It's not from Privateering?" - "No no, it's very old..."   :wave

One of the things that will never end up on an official mp3 stick...

This "Irish Boy"  could be my absolute favourite of the tour. I am not sure if Mike has ever contributed better stuff to Mark's music since he is on board... the sound of what he plays is so clear, loud and nice, I love it.

LE

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...

"This is Irish Boy. It's a very old song." - "It's not from Privateering?" - "No no, it's very old..."   :wave

This "Irish Boy"  could be my absolute favourite of the tour. I am not sure if Mike has ever contributed better stuff to Mark's music since he is on board... the sound of what he plays is so clear, loud and nice, I love it.

LE

Haha that would be me talking with the other guy. I knew the song was from the Cal soundtrack but didn't which one.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

LE

Haha that would be me talking with the other guy. I knew the song was from the Cal soundtrack but didn't which one.

Not "Irish Boy", it's "Father & Son"   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
Hey herlock,

you are officially allowed to call me strange, but I like the way TR is played now. To me, it adds some kind of tension.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ihQoekCxnXA?version=3&autohide=1

What makes the song different to me compared with other tours is in the way he sings it. Unfortunately he seems to been influenced by Dylan in a bad way. He just puts the words out like he

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
Some enjoyable notes: (Hope you like it.)

- Show started twenty minutes late than it was supposed to. Whenever a random guy stepped into stage for some modification of instruments, people were applausing.

- Mark didn't interact with the audience. He only yelled: "Is everyone okay out there?" and after he's done with What It Is, he said :"It's great to be here in this beautiful town twice".

- When he was just about to start the new song, a random guy shouted as hell in Turkish, it was so loud, I guess everyone in the venue may have heard of him. He said: "You are the man, Mark!" (But in a funny way of saying in Turkish)

- While singing SFA, he put Istanbul in lyrics : "Here I am again in Istanbul town!"

- When it's finally over, Mark left his giutar and everyone was shouting like: "Stop! Mark!, Don't go! (In Turkish), Nooo!,"

- After the party is over, everyone left the venue and it was so crowded outside, a guy was playing SOS in his car so loud that everyone was clapping for him.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Many thanks, scudetto, for all of the pics, commentaries and notes -- it is all great stuff!!
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Mona Dee

Thanks for the information, that makes a life-concert unique !!
And thank you all for the photos and videos !!

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
His vocal range is way too small. But on TR he  hits "all the way" with a hasky voice! Fantastic! I really don't get his first part lacking the elecctric guitar parts???
And how come he is playing with a cord and not a cordless connection in his guitar?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

He plays with cable (or plugged-in) since the 1996 tour (again). Cordless connections were usual during BIA and OES tour at least.

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
He plays with cable (or plugged-in) since the 1996 tour (again). Cordless connections were usual during BIA and OES tour at least.

LE

Maybe the frequency is too close to that of the in-ear thingy's. ???  Or the police waveband! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 44 queries.