Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 11:2013.05.10, O2 World, Berlin, DE # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 27231 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Concert # 11:2013.05.10, O2 World, Berlin, DE # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
I think "Border Reiver" worked better as an opener than "What It Is". Glad he dropped Napoleon and STP. Seems like the setlist has become a little more flexible (but never say never until the tour ends) but I must admit I am slowly getting bored with the basic frame. Speedway, Marbletown, So Far Away, Brothers in Arms, Romeo... Yawn. Also, the way the guitar sound is more and more overpowered by those celtic noises annoys the heck out of me. And I really really want that fantastic TR solo back, right after he sings "Like a rolling river"...

I am with you on that for most of it.

IMHO BR was just the best opener since DTTW...
And WII is a really good song but maybe not performed as good as it could be.
Yes, for WII the studio version remains the best, at least for the beginning. Live it is too slow.
The interlude and the end solo are nice live though.
The album version is one of his best songs ever made. Just love it  8)
The live versions never on the same high level.........

100% agree

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
I would agree with the above.  It's his playing throughout the song during the lyrics that is so weak and to be honest poor on the live versions.  I the studio version the better playing give it much more of a lift and makes it far more powerful, full of energy and swinging.

Some of the early promo ones were good like Letterman, Harald Schmidt etc... though. :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »
I would agree with the above.  It's his playing throughout the song during the lyrics that is so weak and to be honest poor on the live versions.  I the studio version the better playing give it much more of a lift and makes it far more powerful, full of energy and swinging.

Some of the early promo ones were good like Letterman, Harald Schmidt etc... though. :think

yes, because in studio, he doesn't have to sing and play at the same time (he did it on privateering though, according to Guy), so he can concentrate on each side

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

yes, because in studio, he doesn't have to sing and play at the same time (he did it on privateering though, according to Guy), so he can concentrate on each side

Yes, and he has got the lyrics mixed up a bit and tongue-tied too on this one on more than one occasion (Edison Awards 2003 e.g.).  Mind you, so have I just singing along without doing nothing! :-[

P.S.  Just listened to the Parky one and that sounded very nice with an interesting band line up.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.