Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 12:2013.05.11,  (Read 41302 times)

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
Re: Concert # 12:2013.05.11,
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
Whaauww "I Dug Up A Diamond"........Big Surprise and I am happy about that! 

Although I am satisfied with all the songs that are played until now during the concerts, it would be nice to see some songs
from the All The Roadrunning album! .........Well who knows, perhaps Ruth Moody might join him on stage in Amsterdam singing
 "If This is Goodbye!"

I wish the fans in Bremen a great time! :wave

Fieneke

Preferably without the 'whooos' at the end!

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
Diamond for Tupelo today. :think  Both Diamond and Tupelo are "sleepers" in every sense of the word as far as I'm concerned.
I like them both.
I''ll be honest with you : I don't like the whole Shangri-La album because the guitar tone is too smooth. 
Tupelo live is different, the guitar is powerful and I was very pleased to see it live. I was desperatly expecting crows, I got Tupelo instead and it was great. 

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »
Still not understand why IUTC is there........... :smack

Well, I'd like to see the comments if IUTC is to be replaced by "Don't forget your hat" or "Hot or what"... ;) Anyway, Diamond is a nice addition. Perhaps Go, Love, Bluebird, Submariner, Blood & water? My bet is Redbud tree and/or Radio city in RAH.

Whaauww localhero, I would like to hear those songs too! With so many beautiful albums it must be hard for Mark to choose which songs to play!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
Diamond for Tupelo today. :think  Both Diamond and Tupelo are "sleepers" in every sense of the word as far as I'm concerned.
I like them both.
I''ll be honest with you : I don't like the whole Shangri-La album because the guitar tone is too smooth. 
Tupelo live is different, the guitar is powerful and I was very pleased to see it live. I was desperatly expecting crows, I got Tupelo instead and it was great.

I remember in Edinburgh 2005 some Weegie shouted out (rather crudely) "hey Mark, I thought this was the Shangri-La tour?"  About 30 seconds later he played Tupelo!  I don't know if it was planned or if the mans roar was taken into account.  These intimate venues like The Playhouse are fantastic. ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
I honestly think MK has listened to us critics this time and thrown us some tasty bits. Who would ever thought of hearing I Dug Up A Diamond again. Bloody fantastic.

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
I love I dug up a diamond !
With 5.15 am  and Back To Tupelo, it's among my favourite! I still miss You and your friend but they won't play it...
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 09:31:42 PM »
wooow  :D
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
Hmm, FHB next? ;D

FHB ? I can't stand it with all these acronyms... :hmm

OfflineZeeley

• Camerado
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Cool, Diamond. i like the end "duell" between MK and RB too..  I guess if some fans are gonna make a compilation of all the songs played it will be a 4CD box....   ;D
"Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
 born under a bad sign"....

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »

Well, I'd like to see the comments if IUTC is to be replaced by "Don't forget your hat" or "Hot or what"... ;) Anyway, Diamond is a nice addition. Perhaps Go, Love, Bluebird, Submariner, Blood & water? My bet is Redbud tree and/or Radio city in RAH.

I would be surprised if Mark plays Submariner or Radio City. I think they are, unfortunately, not typical choices for Mark's live sets... These songs are like So Far From the Clyde and Remembrance Day from Get Lucky, or In The Sky from Kill to Get Crimson. They are never played on the tours, although, in my opinion, they are the most beautiful songs from these albums. Why not? Maybe it is to difficult to recreate the mood of these songs live? I have no idea, but I am not surprised that Mark hasn't played Submariner or Radio City. Fingers crossed of course - they are the best songs on the album...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »
I like them both.

I remember in Edinburgh 2005 some Weegie shouted out (rather crudely) "hey Mark, I thought this was the Shangri-La tour?"  About 30 seconds later he played Tupelo!  I don't know if it was planned or if the mans roar was taken into account.  These intimate venues like The Playhouse are fantastic. ;D

I was there too and he was shouting for Shangri-La before every song!   Mark played it at the end!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
Dmg, this is utter blasphemy ! :p
I dug up a diamond is a gem from a fantastic album, I'm soooo happy with these great news ! The version on the RLRR DVD is fantastic, hope this one too, even without Emmy...
Always though the Attr album was underrated here, as if it was not a real MK album. To me it is one of the best, I like it better than SL !
Time to bring back Emmy in the band ? The blend of male and female voices was so great...

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
Dmg, this is utter blasphemy ! :p
I dug up a diamond is a gem from a fantastic album, I'm soooo happy with these great news ! The version on the RLRR DVD is fantastic, hope this one too, even without Emmy...
Always though the Attr album was underrated here, as if it was not a real MK album. To me it is one of the best, I like it better than SL !
Time to bring back Emmy in the band ? The blend of male and female voices was so great...
So many top songs on that record.......really love it  :thumbsup :thumbsup
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »
Hmm, FHB next? ;D

FHB ? I can't stand it with all these acronyms... :hmm

Sorry Hill Farmer Blues. FHB doesn't make any sense, although it does in Internet Explorer 10 (autocorrection) and makes HFB into FHB (God knows what that means). I hate this kinda stuff... ;D

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »

I would be surprised if Mark plays Submariner or Radio City. I think they are, unfortunately, not typical choices for Mark's live sets... These songs are like So Far From the Clyde and Remembrance Day from Get Lucky, or In The Sky from Kill to Get Crimson. They are never played on the tours, although, in my opinion, they are the most beautiful songs from these albums. Why not? Maybe it is to difficult to recreate the mood of these songs live? I have no idea, but I am not surprised that Mark hasn't played Submariner or Radio City. Fingers crossed of course - they are the best songs on the album...

100% agree, I think there are songs for studio, and there are songs for live. IMHO
And I used to could is one of them...even if it's not a "musical gem" I guess it suits more to live than others songs quoted just above

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 38 queries.