Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 20:2013.05.22, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 17437 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Well, I am happy with him skipping So Far Away, but replace it with Our Shangri-La is not automatically what has come to my mind as a replacement...

But he can do as he likes of course. Our Shangri-La with sax? Maybe that song has some long outro, as 2006, where Stuart Duncan was playing so nice..

LE

I thought the same... Looking forward a video of it.

I also think that Saxophone is suitable in Piper to the end, playing along with MK guitar, the flute and the fiddle.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Pottel's pee break:

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

Nice. Very much Dire Straits feel in it. Not that I would care about that...  ;D

LE

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
Well last night there were no real surprises in Cardiff...

WII, CBC, F&S, HFB all good stuff...

Back to Tupelo was a nice surprise....enjoyed it.

IUTC and R&J were both nice with the sax....R&J very DS in their sound....

Lots of noodling etc as MK changed guitars - he was quite chatty and seemed in a good mood...

There was definitely a "How the hell do i start this tune" moment from MK at the start of Gator Blood......there was an audible...."Errrrr......" "Ummmm...." - but he finally got there and let rip on the slide parts!

Marbletown - im really in two minds about this song - some parts i like.....when the band are at full steam - other parts like the inteaction between John and Glen - god it seemed to go on for ages - ive never been a total fan of this song live - but parts of it are growing on me.....

Speedway and TR....two longstanding tunes of any MK set these days - TR - the applause and appreciation when this song started made me think  people actually want to hear this song....so against my personal views of it going - i guess it should be kept for now...

One noticeable moment - MK vs The Security Terminators - there was a bit of a crowd rush for Our Shangri-la - one over zealous security robot was pushing people back to their seats - MK walked over to him and very noticeably said - "Dont spoil it"...." - The security robot was defeated and much cheering and celebration by those allowed to stay at the stage!   MK = 1 - Security = 0!

Oh and lastly there was THE loudest "Boo" after "Going Home" - the band had left the stage and the house lights were still off.....much clapping, cheering and shouts of more....even i began to expect another tune.....it must have been nearly a minute of will they wont they....but not - lights came back and everyone left....

A good night - nice to have new tunes - i enjoyed it....

Keep on touring MK!!! 
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
Nice. Very much Dire Straits feel in it.

I agree. Drums sound as good as during the OES Tour.  8)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Lots of noodling etc as MK changed guitars - he was quite chatty and seemed in a good mood...

There was definitely a "How the hell do i start this tune" moment from MK at the start of Gator Blood......there was an audible...."Errrrr......" "Ummmm...." - but he finally got there and let rip on the slide parts!

Marbletown - im really in two minds about this song - some parts i like.....when the band are at full steam - other parts like the inteaction between John and Glen - god it seemed to go on for ages - ive never been a total fan of this song live - but parts of it are growing on me.....

Speedway and TR....two longstanding tunes of any MK set these days - TR - the applause and appreciation when this song started made me think  people actually want to hear this song....so against my personal views of it going - i guess it should be kept for now...

One noticeable moment - MK vs The Security Terminators - there was a bit of a crowd rush for Our Shangri-la - one over zealous security robot was pushing people back to their seats - MK walked over to him and very noticeably said - "Dont spoil it"...." - The security robot was defeated and much cheering and celebration by those allowed to stay at the stage!   MK = 1 - Security = 0!

Oh and lastly there was THE loudest "Boo" after "Going Home" - the band had left the stage and the house lights were still off.....much clapping, cheering and shouts of more....even i began to expect another tune.....it must have been nearly a minute of will they wont they....but not - lights came back and everyone left....

Keep on touring MK!!!

Thanks for the nice review Schmonka!  You will go again then?    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks for the review.  Regarding the lights - that happened in Glasgow too, only without the boo!  And you're not the only one who was beginning to think they were coming back! :-[

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado

Keep on touring MK!!!

Thanks for the nice review Schmonka!  You will go again then?    ;D

Hi Val,

Maybe just the once!  Providing MK keeps mixing up the setlists!!!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Hum, je me demande si ce commentaire rel
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
Try : "You don't know where you stand" or "You never know where you are with you/ him/ her" etc.

;)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

"Is this a good thing or a bad thing?" :think

Try : "You don't know where you stand" or "You never know where you are with you/ him/ her" etc.

;)

:thumbsup, thank you both for helping me in english expressions (but they sounds not as good as in French, lard ou cochon I like it very much - you should try it).
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinefozzie

• Guitar George
Thanks for the review.  Regarding the lights - that happened in Glasgow too, only without the boo!  And you're not the only one who was beginning to think they were coming back! :-[

The lights stayed off for a wee while in Liverpool lots making for the exit,then stopping hehe in the hope of another song but sadly not to be.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:09:31 AM by fozzie »

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

"Is this a good thing or a bad thing?" :think

;)

:thumbsup, thank you both for helping me in english expressions (but they sounds not as good as in French, lard ou cochon I like it very much - you should try it).

Nothing wrong with pork indeed  :lol :lol :lol

And some words do sound better in French .....listen :

Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.