Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 29:2013.06.07, Ijsselhallen, Zwolle, The Netherlands # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 29312 times)

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Ingrid tells me that the temperature in the Ijsselhallen is extremely hot.
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I thought after the time off they might have been able to rehearse something new.  Maybe something in the encores. 

Wonder if they will perform three encores like the last couple of RAH dates... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

And that is the weather for today!

Anything about the pollen count? ;)

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

And that is the weather for today!

Anything about the pollen count? ;)

I am sneezing my brains out..........it must be the red alert for the DMG pollen  ;D  ;D

so far it is a copy of the Birmingham show

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Live Setlist

01- What it Is
02- Corned beef city
03- Privateering
04- Father & Son
05- Hill farmers blues
06- I dug up a diamond
07- I used to could
08- Romeo & Juliet
09- Gator Blood*
10- Haul Away
11- Postcards from paraguay
12- Marbletown
13- Speedway at Nazareth
14- Telegraph road
15- So far away

* = Different from last (London,RAH.2013-06-01) Concert

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Enlight and Ingrid THANK YOU for keeping us informed about the set list!  :clap

It is warm weather, so that is why it might be warm in the IJselhallen as well.

While I am reading the messages, I am also listening to the concert of Amsterdam.
Seattle and Kingdom of Gold were not played in Zwolle, but in return we have today the beautiful Hill Famer's Blues and Gator Blood!

I am curious to hear which will be the last songs! :think

Meanwhile I am sure that all the friends and fans had a wonderful time at the concert!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Live Setlist

01- What it Is
02- Corned beef city
03- Privateering
04- Father & Son
05- Hill farmers blues
06- I dug up a diamond
07- I used to could
08- Romeo & Juliet
09- Gator Blood*
10- Haul Away
11- Postcards from paraguay
12- Marbletown
13- Speedway at Nazareth
14- Telegraph road
15- So far away
16- Piper to the End*

* = Different from last (London,RAH.2013-06-01) Concert

Thx to Ingrid who provided the songs from the spot as they happened
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:43:41 PM by enlight »

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Enlight and Ingrid THANK YOU for keeping us informed about the set list!  :clap

It is warm weather, so that is why it might be warm in the IJselhallen as well.

While I am reading the messages, I am also listening to the concert of Amsterdam.
Seattle and Kingdom of Gold were not played in Zwolle, but in return we have today the beautiful Hill Famer's Blues and Gator Blood!

I am curious to hear which will be the last songs! :think

Meanwhile I am sure that all the friends and fans had a wonderful time at the concert!

Fieneke

It's a pleasure Fieneke :wave

I guess you're right

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
I'm already missing Nigel :( Going Home <3
But I cant' wait for my next gigs ! Anyway whatever I'll hear I'll be happy !!!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I guess no more Going Home this tour then with Nigel's departure.  I think the previous plays minus sax were just rehearsals for the UK gigs with Nigel.  Piper's good though. :thumbsup

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Awesome night. I did record the soundcheck from outside the venue. When I have time I will share. Temp. was really hot in the venue! MK and band were on fire. Ianto stood up in the band intro and rised up his arms which was extremely funny, Glenn was laughing loud and we also! One of the many great moments. Thanks all:-)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Awesome night. I did record the soundcheck from outside the venue. When I have time I will share. Temp. was really hot in the venue! MK and band were on fire. Ianto stood up in the band intro and rised up his arms which was extremely funny, Glenn was laughing loud and we also! One of the many great moments. Thanks all:-)

Mark was also laughing out loud during that moment.

We saw the Range Rovers arriving at 16.30. We were standing there with only 5 people and they waved at us while driving through the gate into the hall but no stopping or coming outside  :-\ :-\

We (Holaknopfler & I) did hear and recorded the soundcheck very good outside the venue.

-gator blood
-piper to the end
-piper to the end (again) Mark seemed not happy with it
-what it is
-short romeo & TR intro on the national

What a great show again! Very loud but good sound. Good solo's on Speedway and Telegraph Road! After TR we run to the front and I was standing right in front of Mark at the very front with Ingrid! ;D
After the show a cold beer in Zwolle city with some fans :) Before the show a dinner with some fans. A pleasure to meet a lot of amit buddies there.

Now home and going to bed. Will post some video's tomorrow. Some great video's to come ;)

Did i say it was a great show? 15 km's from my bed :clap Hell yeah ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
"I dug up a diamond" was amazing!  :thumbsup

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

Mark was also laughing out loud during that moment.

We saw the Range Rovers arriving at 16.30. We were standing there with only 5 people and they waved at us while driving through the gate into the hall but no stopping or coming outside  :-\ :-\

We (Holaknopfler & I) did hear and recorded the soundcheck very good outside the venue.

-gator blood
-piper to the end
-piper to the end (again) Mark seemed not happy with it
-what it is
-short romeo & TR intro on the national

What a great show again! Very loud but good sound. Good solo's on Speedway and Telegraph Road! After TR we run to the front and I was standing right in front of Mark at the very front with Ingrid! ;D
After the show a cold beer in Zwolle city with some fans :) Before the show a dinner with some fans. A pleasure to meet a lot of amit buddies there.

Now home and going to bed. Will post some video's tomorrow. Some great video's to come ;)

Did i say it was a great show? 15 km's from my bed :clap Hell yeah ;D

15km from your bed .... wish I lived that close .... it's now 01:47am and I'm just a few minutes home (left right after the concert) ! Looking forward to your vids !!

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was indeed a GREAT concert, from the five concerts I saw between 2008 and tonight this was definately the best of them ! Concert started about 20.15 ... I found it VERY annoying to see that lots of peope were still coming in at 20.10 .. c'mon, how difficult can it be to be at your seat on time (that is before 20.00 !)  :hmm

As said above the concert was really great with Mark and the band in great form. Sound was better than I expected, but as said by someone else, very loud ... perhaps a bit too loud even (at least from where I was sitting on the 1st row on the tribune). Mark's voice was a bit burried during the first 2 songs, but when he started the little speech before Privateering that was sorted out and from then on his voice was crystal clear.

* What It Is: Best performance of this song for me so far (after 2001, 2008 and 2010). Better (faster) pacing and great guitar playing.
* Corned Beef City: Great rocking song. Impressive drum intro by Ian Thomas (with fantastic lightning effect coming from behind Ian)
* Privateering: Not one of my favorite songs, but it's a nice 'live' tune and I did in fact enjoyed Mark's playing on the accoustic guitar very much.
* Father and Son: Impressive, short but sweet. Almost expecting 'Golden Heart' to follow this tune, but the coupling with Hill Farmer's Blues is brilliantly done and works just as good.
* Hill Farmer's Blues: Great playing. End solo not as exciting as 2010, but more like the 2008 versions.
* I Dug Up A Diamond: First time hearing this song live and really loved it. I like the reggea feel it has now compared to 2006 and Mark's playing was brilliantly and really gave me goosebumps.
* I Used To Could: Like CBC a great rocking song with some nice guitar playing from Mark. They obviously have a lot of fun playing this one. Jim Cox on piano was amazing.
* Romeo and Juliet: Beautiful intro by Jim and Guy. Great version with a end solo that gave me goosebumps also.
* Gator Blood: A few seconds of slight dissapointment for not getting Sultans, but what a great song this is. Mark's playing was very impressive on this song (in my opinion) and the audience clearly loved the song.
* Haul Away: Not one of my favorites from the album and also live it won't be a favorite. Beautiful played by the band though !
* Postcards from Paraguay: Brilliant how they start the song while Mark introduces everyone (and yes, Ian Thomas was fun to see at this point). Mark's guitar is lower in the mix than in 2008 and I actually prefer those versions (except for the intro !).
* Marbletown: I loved the  (shorter) 2008 versions. In it's current incarnation Marbletown is musically impressive, but for me it's a bit too long for my taste nowadays.
* Speedway At Nazareth: A song that never was one of my favorites (not that I disliked it), but since the current tour it's slowly getting up higher in the ranks. Tonights version was outstanding with great guitar playing from Mark (I know, I keep saying that lol). Great lightning effects during the song.
* Telegraph Road: A firm favorite of mine. Great playing from Jim on piano and also a short but very good end solo from Mark. This solo was better than 2008/2010 combined in my opinion !!
* So Far Away: Is it just my imagination or is this song also a bit faster paced during the current tour ? Again the  best version for me so far  and although I sometimes tend to skip it on cd's it keeps being a great song to hear live !
* Piper To The End: Had hoped for Going Home, but that slight disapoinment was swept away with an awsome  (and again faster paced) version which had, correct me if I'm wrong, more guitar playing than the 2010 versions.

This was my only concert this tour and I'm glad I went ... although spending a total of 6,5 hours in public transportation isn't fun it was worth every minute and euro payed. First time for me hearing Jim Cox live and although Matt was great also I prefer Jim. Ian Thomas is a great addition to the band and personally I prefer his drumming on most songs compared to Danny. I really feel that this is the best band since '96 with some great energy floating around.

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Thanks for the reviews, nice and relax reading after  late work :thumbsup

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 38 queries.