Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 38:2013.06.19, Donau-Arena, Regensburg, Germany # SPOILER AHEAD  (Read 10245 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
The following objection isn't meant as an offence to the supporters of Eric Clapton, it's just my personal view.

This year I also went to an EC gig. Some research in the internet reveals that EC varies about four or five songs while the rest of the setlist remains quite static. Some criticise that he doesn't play more of his older material while others are regretting that he should play more of his recent songs or own own songs and less cover versions, etc.

As far as I can tell, it's a situation that is comparable to the different opinions at AMIT. (He even seems to have experienced serious backache recently.)

One thing really struck my mind when crawling the EC forums : the absence  of background knowledge regarding the logistics of his touring circus and all the small incidents that make the diaries of Guy and Richard so valuable. So thanks again!

The actual concert experience was ok. EC played on a high level of perfection, but IMHO it did lack something. One thing that nearly ruined it for me was the muddy and far too loud sound. It was mere a wall of sound than a balanced mix with traceable sonic structures. The meantime acoustic set gave EC the chance to rest on a stool, but it took out a lot of the dynamics of his show.
In contrast I do prefer the well-considered approach of MK in building a suspense curve with his setlist.

Please don't get me wrong, EC is still one of the very best and a true living legend. But somehow I wouldn't visit an EC gig in the next years. If MK tours again in the next future I even would consider to visit 20-or-something shows.

We are spoilt.  :)

I haven't been to EC this year, so can't say anything about it. Markywes could do, she did some shows from EC, including the RAH.
I am with you in visiting 20+ shows next time from MK. I will stick to 19 this time, after first wanted to do around 12, then some friends asked me also to do this and that show. So I prebooked at the presale from MK 16, and with some luck got tickets for 3 other shows.

More isn't possible in my schedule unfortunately. But I am a happy girl, very spoilt and lucky to be able to do this amount of shows.

If someone has a ticket left for Dijon please let me know, now I have one for row X (aaaarch), so if I can buy another one I will try to sell this one again.

Love Expresso

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 40 queries.