Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: North America dates, and TV Appearances.  (Read 76818 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: North America dates, and TV Appearances.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »
Vegas in confirmed by Guy on his website today.  :thumbsup

Old news - get it here first! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
Vegas in confirmed by Guy on his website today.  :thumbsup
Where on Guy's site does it say this? I politely asked Guy if this was true and he has deleted, or chosen not to post my question. Which to me indicates that it is true.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 03:03:38 PM »
it was posted! now it's gone...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
Really, he posted my question and responded that yes it is true and has since deleted my question? That's kind of strange isn't it.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
Really, he posted my question and responded that yes it is true and has since deleted my question? That's kind of strange isn't it.

Wonder if Mark saw it and gave him a row... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »

He said 1 word:

Yes
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
When I read they're going to Vegas, it made me think of this post from Richard from their last solo tour in NA.  Strange place to pick IMHO. :think

Prior to the gaming business popping up on Native American reservations, Atlantic City was the only other option for gambling apart from Las Vegas. Like Vegas it's splashy, flashy and over the top. We've played a couple other c a s i n o s  this trip as well and it's not really MK's crowd. Of course, there are a number of people who are there to see him, but it feels like just as many were comped by the house or their tickets were included as some kind of weekend package deal. Folks coming and going with drinks in hand and last night there was a guy had a cooler round his neck selling ice cold beer up and down the isles. As for me, I'd be perfectly happy never to play another c a s i n o.

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »
Well after a fleeting visit to LV last year, it's certainly true that there are dozens of spruikers trying to fill half empty show rooms. And if you're a family, group, tourist that's looking for a good time, the "voice and guitar of Dire Straits" would sound like an exciting proposition!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 01:54:27 AM »
Well after a fleeting visit to LV last year, it's certainly true that there are dozens of spruikers trying to fill half empty show rooms. And if you're a family, group, tourist that's looking for a good time, the "voice and guitar of Dire Straits" would sound like an exciting proposition!

Maybe AMIT members could buy up all of the seats for MK's performance at this cozy theatre. Just think of the possibilities of songs MK might play for us at our very own private event!  :D

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 03:57:17 AM »

By such an answer from Guy...hit your Ctrl+Alt+Print Scrn keys on your board immediately  :smack :smack

but he has rearranged  his answer on that question to:
"Stay tuned to the website for official announcements"

The question by Aaron was:
"Hey Doc, there is some info out there stating that you guys are playing Vegas on October 25th. Are you able to confirm this. As always, thanks for your time. "

So I guess not Mark but the management gave him a "row" for his slip of the tongue , and now he will be even more careful with his answers..............HAPPY NOW??? :disbelief :disbelief

Ok next , for us AMITER's its a kind of "competition" to get some things out of Guy's pen about  set lists........we all know the standard answer.
But Guy don't ask us to join into some dull competition about six (very well known) vinyl's laying in a shop window-display :hmm

The next completion is from our hand....we give him 6 songs and he's  gonna tell us if they will be played the next show  :think

the price will be a full free membership on AMIT ;D

he is a nice man, don't get me totally wrong  ;)
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
Great news!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »
Merely giving you some hot news. Thought as a fan site, you'd appreciate info like this before any official statement. That's half the fun. Ask this question to guy in his forum. He knows what's going on.
Asked, confirmed, then deleted...  :think
Nonetheless...  thanks so much knopfler83 for the scoop!!   :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 11:59:36 PM »
I am pleased to see that MK is likely to be touring North America later this year. If it indicates a willingness to tour on a more extended basis, I am also pleased - though it could prove costly for some of us. I am also pleased to read that Mark is varying the set list a bit more - pleased for us, the concert goers, and also for the band, because that must be a bit more interesting and (perhaps) more challenging for them.

It still doesn't amount to Mr Bob's touring activities in recent years, as indicated by this recent article in the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324577904578557762905734342.html?mod=WSJ_hp_EditorsPicks

Note the statement that, since 1988, Mr Bob has played more live concerts than Springsteen, the Stones and U2 combined !!!
thnx
Interesting article
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »
Indeed - but getting back to the topic.

Here we are, now into July, with the possibility of Mark playing North American dates later this year. Some suggest even as soon as September. There has been no official announcement, just a few straws blowing in the wind, so I have a question.

Isn't it a bit unusual for Mark to arrange a tour at such short notice?   

I ask because you guys will know better than I do but, if I'm right, this seems, once again, something that he may have picked up from Mr Bob.

As it happens, the latter's coming European tour (in October and November) was announced last month but it is not unusual for Mr Bob to announce tours at much shorter notice - usually when I have already made travel plans for somewhere else. This time he announced the tour when I was in Romania, making life a touch difficult but so it goes.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 10:53:14 AM »
As far as I remember US-tours are always announced much later than the European tours. I don't think it will be september, the date of October 25th has been confirmed by Guy first and later he changed his answer. So I am sure it will happen in October and maybe November.  :clap

For some reason it doesn't surprise me at all, as some of you know I already said in May that I had a feeling that it would happen this year. So next year a new album? Studio in March/April and CD in September/October 2014? I hope so!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 38 queries.