Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 51:2013.07.05, Schlosshof, Bad Mergentheim, Germany # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 13650 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Why not too impressed Pottel ??
Tomorrow I'm making great sacrifices to come to Stuttgart.... Only for that song, so I really hope it will be played. Do you think Mark is able to do this to me, that is not play dotds for the first and the last German shows of the week, e.g the ones I attend ???
Let's go and pray...

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
I agree with Pottel and I don't wanna moan .
I only had the chance to listen to the you tube versions but I also was not too impressed by the new song so far.
I was hoping for a guitar solo or another instrument ( I prefer guitar  ::) ) which did not go with the melody line,
this is the same like e.g. night in summer long ago and piper.
I was hoping for a KOG kind of thing...........still I am glad with a new song offcourse !
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I agree with Pottel and I don't wanna moan .
I only had the chance to listen to the you tube versions but I also was not too impressed by the new song so far.
I was hoping for a guitar solo or another instrument ( I prefer guitar  ::) ) which did not go with the melody line,
this is the same like e.g. night in summer long ago and piper.
I was hoping for a KOG kind of thing...........still I am glad with a new song offcourse !

+1

Mark just plays the song out with the guitar rather than goes for a solo in the true sense of the word.  I can't  help feeling underwhelmed by it even though it still sounds beautiful simply because I'm waiting on Mark to let rip on the LP.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
No NH on DOTDS?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Yes, Nigel also there.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Back from Bad M., unfortunately my last show and what a downer - audience wise. The show itself was great but I have never ever experienced such a disrespectful audience at a MK concert (and as you know, I've been to quite a few). I arrived quite late, probably 19.15, there was a traffic jam on my favourite autobahn (not), the A3, and it took me an eternity to find that official concert parking lot. It was on a VERY big lawn and you had to walk like forever to get to the venue. I didn't have a FoS ticket but a "normal" GA one - press tickets are for free but not always better - so my friend and I were somewhere among the "normal" crowd.

And boy, there was so much talking and beer-buying going on, I felt like I participated in one big picnic with meaningless background music rather than being at a MK show. People were wandering around, chatting, boozing. I mean, it's okay to get ONE beer, maybe two, but SEVEN? As my friend remarked, who wants to numb himself with alcohol when you have MK onstage, performing those beautiful tunes with those great lyrics? Only idiots, one would assume.

Those people really got me aggravated and I told them off, EACH one. When they asked me to let them pass, I said no, go home and booze. What really irritates me is that boozing at concerts seems to be the most normal thing in the world for most people, and nobody cares how it disturbes others. One drunk guy got really violent and pushed a woman away. Hello??? This and the constant chatting made it impossible to concentrate. I was so looking forward to hearing the Submariner, but then it literally drowned. Heard the mood must have been better at the FoS area, so lesson learned. Next time, better ticket. But then, it's sad that you only seem to get a "proper" concert experience when you spend more money (or in my case, spend money, even though you are there for your job).

Wasn't too impressed with the venue to be honest, W

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I totally sympathise with you GH.  My concert in Glasgow 2010 was a little rowdy, fuelled by alcohol too.  Fortunately I was down the from at the pre-sale seats but there was some noise from the back and I read a report in a newspaper that someone got beer spilled over him!  No doubt this was partly due to it being an unseasonable sunny and hot day but I see no need for venues to sell alcohol at all.  I guess profits will win at the end of the day though.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Agree. Wuerzburg was nicer, scene wise. But show, from fos, was brilliant. Feel sorry for your bad tix GH

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
The closer you're to the bar the worse are your neighbours, wherever you are ! (more in the UK or the Germany because the standard beer portion is 0.5 liter, only 0.25 in France ! ;D)
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
The closer you're to the bar the worse are your neighbours, wherever you are ! (more in the UK or the Germany because the standard beer portion is 0.5 liter, only 0.25 in France ! ;D)

I don't think it's the size, but more the culture.  Certainly in the UK.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

I don't think it's the size, but more the culture.  Certainly in the UK.

The same in the Netherlands, I was a couple of weeks ago to a Bruce Springsteen concert. Also a lot of chatting around me, and lots of beer...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
I watched the more recent youtube video of DOTDS. Ok, it's quite similar to the original (a bit slower, as usual) but I like the role played by Ianto on the drums, also in the outro instrumental part. Also some interesting liks by MK, always in the outro.... Very good for me!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

Best of the 3 versions so far i think. Better solo on outro

:clap :clap :clap :clap
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Remains a boring song.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Remains a boring song.

I think it is a very nice song and arrangement is good. Lyrics are so strong and touching that Mark
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:56:26 PM by Silvertown »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.