Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 52:2013.07.06, Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle, Stuggart, DE # SPOILER #  (Read 14053 times)

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
LE:
;D  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :wave
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Love Expresso

Oh I really mean it... I am very happy for our contingent to have enjoyed another great show and I wish I could join them... but some more details please, musical, guitar, voice, audience...  ;D

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
From accounts of attendees I thought Ziggo was tops! ;D ???

Now it's a show where they messed up an intro to one of the songs! ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

According McCusker Twitter, at least him, is sleeping in Heatrow hotel in London

Strange

jbaent, as the next show is on tuesday, I guess they consider these two days as "days off"...

Guy frote on July, 1st:

Good point re. the banjo, was missing it. I'll grab it when we nip home for a couple of days next week

LE

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:29:13 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Fully agree LE and dmg...
It's the phenomenon I mentioned earlier.
And no, Ziggo wasn't better than London #1 and/or #6...
Hoping for to hear dotds live, though! (hopefully after something different from SfSL)  :-X (I didn't say that) ;D

Still brings me to tears

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Fully agree LE and dmg...
It's the phenomenon I mentioned earlier.
And no, Ziggo wasn't better than London #1 and/or #6...
Hoping for to hear dotds live, though! (hopefully after something different from SfSL)  :-X (I didn't say that) ;D

For me best shows so far were London 1, Zwolle and Stuttgart. Everything yesterday was fine, good mood, music very well played, nice mistake from Ian, great audience. And again a very warm hall (not as warm as Frankfurt)

Love Expresso

Thanks Ingrid!  :thumbsup

I can imagine that it is not that easy to choose from nearly 20 shows (as you are about to do) ... I think it is fair to say that this tour is far better than 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2001...

Astonishing that Zwolle turns up now and then when it comes to the best shows... all I heard (outside of this forum) was "average at the most", "not that spectacular".. and stuff like that... .

We all know what it is about opinions, but I regard the opinions of AMITers who have something to say very high because they CAN judge it better than attendants from let's say one or two shows. On the other hand, I found out myself that it is a TOTAL difference being at a show and hearing the recording later.. so many aspects of it are not there when you just listen to the usb stick... so judging a show the next morning and judging a concert by its recording are two different things, no doubt about it.

LE

Offlinechris

• Guitar George
My only concert on this tour and it was one more time like to enjoy a box of sweets&candies. MK and the band were in good mood and it was very enjoyable to hear my two favourite songs of the

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert, Chris.   Nice to see you here again!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinemarc96er

• Local Hero
A guy tried to steal a microphone as te band was testing off the stage at the end. Glenn noticed and then security dragged the guy away. Stupid

He actually "only" wanted to grab the stick that Ian threw away. It would have been smarter to wait some seconds and ask someone of the crew, I

Offlinechris

• Guitar George
Thanks for the kind words, Val. I hope, you're  fine. :wave

Marc96: Yes, "Telegraph Road" was far better than in 2010, very energetic!

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Thanks Ingrid!  :thumbsup

I can imagine that it is not that easy to choose from nearly 20 shows (as you are about to do) ... I think it is fair to say that this tour is far better than 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2001...

Astonishing that Zwolle turns up now and then when it comes to the best shows... all I heard (outside of this forum) was "average at the most", "not that spectacular".. and stuff like that... .

We all know what it is about opinions, but I regard the opinions of AMITers who have something to say very high because they CAN judge it better than attendants from let's say one or two shows. On the other hand, I found out myself that it is a TOTAL difference being at a show and hearing the recording later.. so many aspects of it are not there when you just listen to the usb stick... so judging a show the next morning and judging a concert by its recording are two different things, no doubt about it.

LE

+1

as I said before its a personal thing, a show can be good just because the band made some mistakes , as long there is a laughter from Mark
what if he reacted in an angry way than the show was less good?
And when another show gets the rate best ever at least give some musically info about ...why.
Off course all the shows are fun especially when meeting other lovely amiters .
Somebody loves the 22-06 Budapest gig most because it was played on the date of his passed away father's birthday...........at least from his point of view....... i can life with that choice .
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
The audience was great, the band was in a superb mood, the songs were played to perfection, some funny mistakes. All that is needed for a perfect night.
I do not like name dropping, but even mr. Isaac said it was a greeeaatt show ( he did not use the word greatest)
Maybe this eases your worried little minds out there ;))))
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

No worried little minds around as far as I can see, Mr. Chairman thank you very much.

LE

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
It doesn't take a great mind to judge an MK gig the best one ever.
The latest is always the best because it makes earlier ones fade to black...
Just another small mind's 1.5 Cents ;D
            Still brings me to tears

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 42 queries.