Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350457 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2017, 09:40:44 AM »
https://monoskop.org/images/a/a4/Heylin_Clinton_Bootleg_The_Secret_History_of_the_Other_Recording_Industry.pdf
interesting PDF on bootlegs,

The taper you mean is Mike Millard by any chance?
The legend, indeed. I have so many amazing recordings in my collection because of this man. Thnx vgonis

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
Now you guys made me curious about this particular concert you are talking about.
Anyone has a torrent of it? It is not on KnopflerTK
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
Yes, a masterpiece. sounds nearly as a Soundboard, and a marvelous playing by the band.  :thumbsup
By the way - I know there is a version of it, that is "enhanced" by Enlight, but the torrent is dead on the Knopfler TK, and it is not on your repository as well. Do you know where I could find it ? And do you know how "enhanced" it is ? It is almost perfect as it is, I just notice one channel was down for a while during TR... Does the new version correct that ?

I didn´t know about the Enlight version of this bootleg. If any of you have it and want to share, let me know, and will upload it to Knopfler Unlimited.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
https://monoskop.org/images/a/a4/Heylin_Clinton_Bootleg_The_Secret_History_of_the_Other_Recording_Industry.pdf

The legend, indeed. I have so many amazing recordings in my collection because of this man. Thnx vgonis

I have this book for years.
Great book
It would deserve to get film  adapted from it.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »

I have this book for years.
Great book
It would deserve to get film  adapted from it.

It is a great read, although the Dire straits references are rather demeaning, usually putting them in the same sentence with Simply red and Phil Collins.  ;D  And a little nown fact that DS copyright holder had started a lawsuit against the Bazel 1992 taper. Which means that despite the fact that MK is not against tapping for personal use, there are many more behind him (the copyright holders and record companies) that have different ideas about the bootleg recordings circulation. He explains the whys and hows very nicely. And yes, together with several other books on the economics of the music industry (Rockonomics, Appetite for self destruction, etc) can become a great movie. Anybody seen the "Vinyl" series? It contains some of the rock stories, although I must admit that I only saw the pilot and the next episode only.

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
When you find the basel DVD at you local Fnac (I did)  that means that soon the Sacem will release its dogs (and this what happened)...

Underground should remain where he has to stay.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
I've seen Vinyl. A nice TV series. A piti it was cancelled after a great season. Recommended.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
When you find the basel DVD at you local Fnac (I did)  that means that soon the Sacem will release its dogs (and this what happened)...

A ridiculous fight if you want my opinion.
Mark has almost never bothered to release anything live.
I myself have bought several versions of each and single official release from MK and DS. So I will take no lecture about buying the other stuff. I bought the immortal Rockpalast DVD with no remorse, because at least it feels semi-official and it is brought to the masses. I don't understand the "support Mark, don't buy unofficial" moto. I would rather "support Mark, buy everything, but hey Mark, support yourself, release things officially, so that this pirated market does not exist anymore".

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »

I myself have bought several versions of each and single official release from MK and DS. So I will take no lecture about buying the other stuff. I bought the immortal Rockpalast DVD with no remorse, because at least it feels semi-official and it is brought to the masses. I don't understand the "support Mark, don't buy unofficial" moto. I would rather "support Mark, buy everything, but hey Mark, support yourself, release things officially, so that this pirated market does not exist anymore".
Fully agree!

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2017, 07:59:54 PM »
I agree too. Fact remains that many people think that  either you will agree with all laws or with no law. This means that starting with this reality of trivial things we can assume (if we don't already experience it first hand) that many laws were put there, in order to create an "environment suitable only to big business. And if they turn a blind eye, it is not because they don't  care about their interests, but because they can hold everyone accountable at any given moment, with little effort and little litigation. Needless to say that the discogs decision to  unlist all bootleg  recordings (in the process, some are still up) started because a couple of years ago German sellers started paying huge fines for selling bootlegs in the database!!!! And they were not even the issuers of the recordings! Vulture lawyers opened accounts, placed orders and then issued a court ordered fine (usually around 1000 Euros) , which of course included their fee, which was usually more than the fine itself! And there was no way out. It was either pay and stop, or go to court, lose the case and pay the court cost as well.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

Nada it is counterfeiting, Rockpalast doing official release so with Immortal we are clearly facing a 100% illegal release, this is not grey but blakmarket...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
As long as rockpalast don't release the DS dvd...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2017, 04:38:27 PM »

Nada it is counterfeiting, Rockpalast doing official release so with Immortal we are clearly facing a 100% illegal release, this is not grey but blakmarket...
Yes it is.
And I don't give a damn.
Mark doesn't, why should I ?
At least Immortal packaged the thing...
Mark did not get anything less, because he does not release it...

Offlineplayhurt4

• Guitar George
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2017, 02:25:50 AM »
meh. no way MK performs. doesn't need the adulation. doesn't need to sell records. already widely regarded a musician's musician, etc.

so what might he gain?  my money is on: MK shows up, takes the stage with the others, grumbles a few words, and has illsley step up and thank a bunch of folks.

and really it's enough.  DS was only ever MK's house band anyway.  i do wish he would throw DK a bone at some point, maybe let him record at BG and play on a song or 2. 

playhurt4

PS - hope i'm wrong! 

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »

This is what I expect to happen! Sultans of swing will be played, of course.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 38 queries.