Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350373 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
David Knopfler got asked about playing with Mark on this HOF ceremony, he said he would play at least in Mark's studio. It just ***** my brain on so many levels to know that you can't let your own BROTHER to play in your studio. What's going on, Mark? Huh? But it's of course their trouble.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »
David Knopfler got asked about playing with Mark on this HOF ceremony, he said he would play at least in Mark's studio. It just ***** my brain on so many levels to know that you can't let your own BROTHER to play in your studio. What's going on, Mark? Huh? But it's of course their trouble.

He also said he would like to play at the RRHOF ceremony, but says it's all up to Mark.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2018, 11:27:50 PM »

I’m sure he’ll be allowed to work there if he pays for it...  ::)
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2018, 11:36:32 PM »

So as you and me lol :lol But this is a fair point, I agree. So maybe DK is really don't "deserve" playing in a studio like this and MK is right as always.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »
Now I'n wondering if the secret project is a reunion album recording of Knopfler brothers.   :D
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:37 AM »
Now I'n wondering if the secret project is a reunion album recording of Knopfler brothers.   :D
Let's keep dreaming.

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2018, 12:08:36 AM »
No one said he is not "allowed" to play there, this is far beyond, a family thing, as they happen in the best of families,

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:37 AM »

So as you and me lol :lol But this is a fair point, I agree. So maybe DK is really don't "deserve" playing in a studio like this and MK is right as always.

I don’t think it’s about deserving. BG is a business and has its price. According to GF Mark and Eric Clapton are pretty close and I’m sure Eric didn’t record there for free. Perhaps John Illsley didn’t pay for the studio itself but he surely paid the workers. I mean, come on, they haven’t been on speaking terms forever. And there’s no right or wrong here I think.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2018, 09:02:23 AM »
I recall reading a Dave Stewart (the studio manager) that MK approves every customer.

In the last year I saw pictures of people like Marcus cliffe, Hal Lindes and Phil Palmer recording at BG with different artists.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »
I recall reading a Dave Stewart (the studio manager) that MK approves every customer.

In the last year I saw pictures of people like Marcus cliffe, Hal Lindes and Phil Palmer recording at BG with different artists.

Mark for President lol. What a democratic guy. But it would be strange to stop someone from using the studio anyway...
Anyway, I recall my words on David, I think this situation is okay. I think then he'll have a material and money, he's in BG.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »
We don't know how bad is their relationship at all, maybe the studio manager knows MK wouldn't be happy if David records there. Or Maybe Mk doesn't mind as long as he pays...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »

this morning I was listening to the album Communique with headphones on bike on the way to work.
It's one of my fav albums, but I hadn't listened to it for a while.
It struck me how good is the guitar interaction between Mark and David on this album, I think far more better than on the first one.

Rhythm interaction on Once upon a time : Mark on the left, David on the right. very groovy
Communique (the song) : very good playing by David (left channel, Mark is on the right) : nice arpeggions on the verse, funky rhythm on the bridge
Very very nice interplay by the two brothers on the 2nd solo on Angel of mercy : it sounds like they have fun together (Mark on the left, David on the right)
And sophitiscated rhythm interplay on Single handed sailor (Mark on the left, David on the right)

The two brothers at their best....

you remember the album "family style" by the Vaughan Brothers ? I know it's only a dream, and I don't even think of it, but hey...wouldn't it be amazing for the DS 40th anniversary, linked to the RoRHOF induction ?

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2018, 11:18:13 AM »

I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here on judging whether David is allowed or not. He is just expressing his desire to work on the studio which is obvious because it is a state of the art studio, but we don't know if he asked Mark about it. Of course some payment might be due because of maintenance.
Still we do not know if David asked Marked and we do not know what the answer was if the request was made.
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:35 AM »

I think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here on judging whether David is allowed or not. He is just expressing his desire to work on the studio which is obvious because it is a state of the art studio, but we don't know if he asked Mark about it. Of course some payment might be due because of maintenance.
Still we do not know if David asked Marked and we do not know what the answer was if the request was made.

Of course and I already changed my mind.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:58 AM »
Exactly. Maybe I would like to record, but he never asked for it
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:30:38 AM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 38 queries.