Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350906 times)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »
http://www.cronacatorino.it/cultura-societa/intervista-david-knopfler-vorrei-lavorare-nuovo-mark.html

A new interview with David with some interesting stuff! It's in Italian, but I guess Google Translate can be used if you don't speak the language...

Among other things, he says he would like to work with his brother at least one more time before he dies.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:16:29 PM by rmarques821 »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:07 PM »
http://www.cronacatorino.it/cultura-societa/intervista-david-knopfler-vorrei-lavorare-nuovo-mark.html

A new interview with David with some interesting stuff! It's in Italian, but I guess Google Translate can be used if you don't speak the language...

Among other things, he says he would like to work with his brother at least one more time before he dies.

Thanks for sharing! I personally think that Knopfler brothers have a very healthy and happy life, so they won't die any time soon, that basically means a possible collaboration between the two in 20 years maybe :lol

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »

This is really quite remarkable I´d say, and somewhat surprising after the last statements we got from DK. Maybe with the induction one gets some kind of comprehensive reminder on the whole history and development of DS, and history of course tells that MK is not only the main source of this, but also - in contrast to all other band members - the only irreplaceable component and musical backbone of this success story.   

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2018, 11:38:27 PM »

I think it’s very nice of David to say it. He’s trying. But the truth is we don’t know much, perhaps he did something hard to be forgiven we don’t know about.

I hope they make peace though. It would be moving.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Love Expresso

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »
This is really quite remarkable I´d say

Indeed it is. Brings a new dimension to the whole affair.

LE

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:37 AM »
I would like to work with my brother again before we both die!

A touching statement
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
I would like to work with my brother again before we both die!

A touching statement

Touching maybe, but I think it's too dark and pessimistic. Mark would say something like "before we both wouldn't be able to play". Same thing basically, but in more optimistic way rather than "we both die". Maybe Mark tried to teach David an optimistic way of thinking, but failed hence their break up? I don't know DK personally so can't judge it, but MK seems to be the most optimistic guy on Earth.

Love Expresso

« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
Keeping in mind that David struggles with finding money every time he wants to produce his next album and only tours absolute low scale compared with Mark drowning in money, residing in his superior super studio and touring with his own Jet, I guess I understand he of them is the optimistic one and who the pessimist...

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
Keeping in mind that David struggles with finding money every time he wants to produce his next album and only tours absolute low scale compared with Mark drowning in money, residing in his superior super studio and touring with his own Jet, I guess I understand he of them is the optimistic one and who the pessimist...

LE

Totally agree
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2018, 11:18:07 AM »
This is probably not about pessimism or optimism. Everyone has a different nature. Everyone has a different level of sarcasm. Mark has won all this thanks to talent and his inner strength.
Clear as the day

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »

LE

To be die honest, if I were struggling making music, I would do something else, which I actually do. You got to evaluate your strongest skills.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:57 AM »
With that said, I really hope David makes his living not by playing music only, because that's the behaviour I'm not a fan of, if you struggle.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »

LE

I don't.  They're both doing what they love and David isn't exactly in poverty.  Perhaps this has been the problem over the years - David values wealth too highly.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
Everything comes at a price and "everybody pays".

No one asks (and is entitled to ask) what it cost MK to be where he is today.
Yes he has talent, but no one sees the hard work he put into it over all those years.
Sooo many songs he writes tell the story of what it cost him...

And David, too, must pay the price for his decisions in life and must live with the consequences.
I have heard enough bad words from him over the years to not trust his words now around the April date.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »
"Everything comes at a price and "everybody pays".

No one asks (and is entitled to ask) what it cost MK to be where he is today.
Yes he has talent, but no one sees the hard work he put into it over all those years.
Sooo many songs he writes tell the story of what it cost him...

And David, too, must pay the price for his decisions in life and must live with the consequences"

Exactly
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 42 queries.