Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350407 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #915 on: March 22, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Hats off to the moderation, very mature decision. As Ringo would say, I can feel air inside my lungs again.
Breathe, breathe in the air...as my other favourite band used to sing

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #916 on: March 22, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Conspiracy theories anyone? Jeezes guys, no one of us knows what mark thinks of the issue, as he was not asked publicly not has he mentioned his opinion anywhere ..so all this guessing, irrelevant

If something walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a duck... No conspiracy theories here, but just observations. It's like knowing what MK when being asked about his love for guitar will tell for 9 millionth time the story about blowing his family's radio.

There's so many articles and posts already so we almost know exactly who will attend this ceremony and who is not.

I think they've simply messed up the ceremonies. That supposed to be the Songwriters Hall of Fame for MK, and not the RRHOF for a band with lineup changes almost every album. When even inductees choice is debatable, this is ridiculous. If they would just stop at John, Mark, David and Pick already chances of all of them showing up would double. Because it was at least a proper band. Afterwards it was Mark Knopfler's little orchestra ending up with 9 people on stage. Who's Dire Straits then? Man, this whole situation only gives me a headache and nothing more.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #917 on: March 22, 2018, 12:40:15 PM »
Conspiracy theories anyone? Jeezes guys, no one of us knows what mark thinks of the issue, as he was not asked publicly not has he mentioned his opinion anywhere ..so all this guessing, irrelevant

If something walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a duck... No conspiracy theories here, but just observations. It's like knowing what MK when being asked about his love for guitar will tell for 9 millionth time the story about blowing his family's radio.

There's so many articles and posts already so we almost know exactly who will attend this ceremony and who is not.

I think they've simply messed up the ceremonies. That supposed to be the Songwriters Hall of Fame for MK, and not the RRHOF for a band with lineup changes almost every album. When even inductees choice is debatable, this is ridiculous. If they would just stop at John, Mark, David and Pick already chances of all of them showing up would double. Because it was at least a proper band. Afterwards it was Mark Knopfler's little orchestra ending up with 9 people on stage. Who's Dire Straits then? Man, this whole situation only gives me a headache and nothing more.
Take a pill lol...all good. Let us wait and see how it goes. Then we can comment on something that happened rather then guess

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #918 on: March 22, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »
Take a pill lol...

No thanks, right now I'm drinking the wine. I'm chill, but you might as well just shut the whole topic until... Yeah, until the ceremony. Right? :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #919 on: March 22, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
Take a pill lol...

No thanks, right now I'm drinking the wine. I'm chill, but you might as well just shut the whole topic until... Yeah, until the ceremony. Right?
Good idea actually...

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2018, 01:51:49 PM »
Either way we look at it. It will certainly be interesting to get Marks respons. For sure he will have to comment on it once his promotion rounds begin for the new album.
Im sure almost all journalists will be asking about the induction (unless ofcourse that MK's marketing company will ban all questions on the topic, which isn't that unrealistic actually    :hmm)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
Either way we look at it. It will certainly be interesting to get Marks respons. For sure he will have to comment on it once his promotion rounds begin for the new album.
Im sure almost all journalists will be asking about the induction (unless ofcourse that MK's marketing company will ban all questions on the topic, which isn't that unrealistic actually    :hmm)
Indeed.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
Afterwards it was Mark Knopfler's little orchestra

during OL tour, on the band introduction, Mark was saying "Dire Straits rock'n'roll orchestra"  :lol ;D :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #923 on: March 22, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »

during OL tour, on the band introduction, Mark was saying "Dire Straits rock'n'roll orchestra"  ;D
My favourite boot from that era

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #924 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »
Of course I wanted Mark to show up and perform but I understand him not doing so. What I don’t understand is the absence of an official statement to the fans.
Agree.

Indeed. I have the same question !! But MK doesn't seem to think about that!!! Well I guess we'll have an explanation some beautiful day or never!!????

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #925 on: March 22, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »

during OL tour, on the band introduction, Mark was saying "Dire Straits rock'n'roll orchestra"  ;D

yes it was of course the title of a famous silver pressed bootleg, but Mark said that at almost all gigs, including Werchter for example (silver pressed boot "once upon a time")

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #926 on: March 22, 2018, 05:55:37 PM »

I think they've simply messed up the ceremonies. That supposed to be the Songwriters Hall of Fame for MK, and not the RRHOF for a band with lineup changes almost every album. When even inductees choice is debatable, this is ridiculous. If they would just stop at John, Mark, David and Pick already chances of all of them showing up would double. Because it was at least a proper band.
Yes, I think that it become very complicated when HOF included non-original members. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #927 on: March 22, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

yes it was of course the title of a famous silver pressed bootleg, but Mark said that at almost all gigs, including Werchter for example (silver pressed boot "once upon a time")
Milano....aahhh, one of my first bootlegs, I believe the  rockfile series was my first, many, many years ago

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #928 on: March 22, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »
Some rumours for who will do the induction of DS.
Emmylou Harris, Sting and Eric Clapton.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/03/rock_hall_2018_who_should_indu.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #929 on: March 23, 2018, 12:03:09 AM »
Sting is a full tilt diva, he loves being in the spotlight. I bet it’s gonna be him.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 38 queries.