Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 56:2013.07.13, Ippodromo delle Capannelle, Rome, Italy # SPOILER #  (Read 14302 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
At the current rate of set shrinkage the last concert will include only What It Is, a special 90 minute version of Marbletown, and So Far Away. Seriously, can anyone justify why RAH audiences, who had already had the advantage of a rather good support act, should also be blessed with 20% more songs than current punters?

If I remember RAH tickets were about

Love Expresso

Yeah it is funny. I agree with dmg that after reading about "the best version so far" I hurried to watch DotdS on YouTube and was slightly disappointed of it, I also found it the weakest of the available versions, the Ianto "incident" was more embarrassing than funny and Mark's singing sounded much more powerless than at the first two versions - from my point of view. But each to his own. Sometimes, one person uttering an opinion first can make a thing going, and anyone would maybe have another opinion about it without hearing it first (if you get what I mean).

I guess we can rely to Ingrid, Pottel and Co., not because they are who they are but because they attended so many shows that they maybe can judge it better than most of us... and being there is a totally different thing than watching it on YouTube later or even listening to the stick of course.
BUT Pottel can't be helped if he thinks Dream of The Drowned Submariner is just an upgraded version of The Fish And The Bird...  ;D

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Yeah it is funny. I agree with dmg that after reading about "the best version so far" I hurried to watch DotdS on YouTube and was slightly disappointed of it, I also found it the weakest of the available versions, the Ianto "incident" was more embarrassing than funny and Mark's singing sounded much more powerless than at the first two versions - from my point of view. But each to his own. Sometimes, one person uttering an opinion first can make a thing going, and anyone would maybe have another opinion about it without hearing it first (if you get what I mean).

I guess we can rely to Ingrid, Pottel and Co., not because they are who they are but because they attended so many shows that they maybe can judge it better than most of us... and being there is a totally different thing than watching it on YouTube later or even listening to the stick of course.
BUT Pottel can't be helped if he thinks Dream of The Drowned Submariner is just an upgraded version of The Fish And The Bird...  ;D

LE
The Ianto incident, for me, was neither embarrassing nor funny at first - it made me go through a vast range of emotions in a very short time. At first, I really believed that DODS was skipped, and I felt huge disappointement, almost desperation; then I felt intense surprise when the band stopped; then, intense joy and relief when DOTS was finally played; finally, I had a real good laughter when Mark had the opportunity to renew a bit his set of jokes and say that Ian was "dying to be introduced". Ultimately, I feel proud that I was there during such a rare incident, for such a rare song (only played 4 times !). I also like La Halle version, but I feel -like Ingrid and Isaac- that the solo was better executed in Stuttgart...

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
At the current rate of set shrinkage the last concert will include only What It Is, a special 90 minute version of Marbletown, and So Far Away. Seriously, can anyone justify why RAH audiences, who had already had the advantage of a rather good support act, should also be blessed with 20% more songs than current punters?

If I remember RAH tickets were about
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
"Ask Pottel, Ingrid, Isaac, Jeroen,... anybody who was in Stuttgart, the show was just stunning."

OK the first four people I can ask , though they already  share their enthusiasm about the Stuttgart gig ,
but how do I get in contact with the thousands of others who were there  ?   :think

@ LE
"I think it's fair to say that they are really on autopilot now....." , maybe that's why Ianto started to play PFP too soon in Stuttgart (-:

But I am set end ready to listen the Stuttgart USB now , hopefully  I am not  too strongly influenced by all the posts  ;)

Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
"Ask Pottel, Ingrid, Isaac, Jeroen,... anybody who was in Stuttgart, the show was just stunning."

OK the first four people I can ask , though they already  share their enthusiasm about the Stuttgart gig ,
but how do I get in contact with the thousands of others who were there  ?   :think

@ LE
"I think it's fair to say that they are really on autopilot now....." , maybe that's why Ianto started to play PFP too soon in Stuttgart (-:

But I am set end ready to listen the Stuttgart USB now , hopefully  I am not  too strongly influenced by all the posts  ;)

"Good luck, see you at the end!"
-MK 1978 -  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
imo there are 2 very distinct concepts here

1. MK and the band play so well that basically any show with any setlist attended live is very enjoyable

2. the setlist is indeed very questionable. For example A lot of people are not happy about it,
especially for missing Sultans while at the same time knowing that it was played in other venues.
Sultans is not one of those song that should be alternated during the tour.
Always in or always out.
I have spoken with a lot of guys and 100% of them have the same feeling.
Then Sultans always in please  ;D
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

@ LE

"Good luck, see you at the end!"
-MK 1978 -  ;D

whaha  :thumbsup

I forgot the comma after "end" ( which meant: point, final, closure of any period  :think or dot ),
I am making it worse .........you got me.....the history was in the future , pre-ordered a great MK Rotterdam 78 ticket btw  :hmm
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Perfect Cleaning My Gun. I think this is one of the best performance for this song. Ian doing a great and agressive job.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I enjoyed that.  Thanks Naif!  I agree - one of the best performances of the song.  Great Rome audience must have inspired the whole band all night.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
I enjoyed that.  Thanks Naif!  I agree - one of the best performances of the song.  Great Rome audience must have inspired the whole band all night.

You're welcome dmg! Yes whole Rome concert is really good.

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
My impressions from Roma. Incredible atmosphere

What it is

Corned Beef City

Romeo ending

Piper

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

I don't understand this general point of view about fish and the bird. I love that song. Very emotional melody, almost mystic IMHO.

And I love submariner too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 40 queries.