Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 64:2013.07.24 Festival de Carcassonne, Th  (Read 9405 times)

OfflineTiti

• Local Hero
Re: Concert # 64:2013.07.24 Festival de Carcassonne, Th
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
A lot of bugs and mosquitos yesterday, and a little bit short concert (1h50). But even if I miss sultans and speedway, I must admit that Mark and the band were absolutely fabulous.
And a little bonus for me, I've met Guy making photos in the afternoon in the streets of the medieval cit
I never wanted no one else

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Concert # 64:2013.07.24 Festival de Carcassonne
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
Hi everyone!  It was a very enjoyable concert in Carcassonne, even though there was no SOS or Speedway and it was rather short.   The venue was magnificent and it is a shame there was no filming at such a beautiful place - another chance lost!

We were seated on the first row, which was very close to the stage, but it was perfect, because the band were standing quite a way back from the front of the stage.

It was an extremely hot evening and there were masses of flying insects. It was quite funny really, because Mark had to use some insect repellent during the show and muttered something about "....mosquitoes"  - actually I think they were flying ants and really annoying!  I think the band were affected by the heat a bit,  especially Guy, who seemed to be wilting before my eyes, so was I in fact! :lol

My favourite songs were TR, which was played magnificently and Marbletown, which seemed to have evolved yet again.  The audience was very enthusiastic and the applause went on for what seemed like an endless time!

It was lovely to meet members of amit again - Lis and her sister and JulienFlamand for the first time and knopflerized, ds1984, Jeroen and Isaac, who was seated next to me - it was great to meet you all!  :-*

Now I am having withdrawal symptoms, because that was my last of five shows, but at least I have a few more days left to explore Carcassonne, which is really beautiful - and very hot - 38 degrees today!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
Re: Concert # 64:2013.07.24 Festival de Carcassonne, Th
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
It was great to meet you as well Superval :D
Carcassonne was a nice performence in a nice venue!
Actually I had for the first time (oh well 2nd) of the tour a 6th row ! But in this teather it was really really good ! Probably better than the very front row which was tooooooo close from the stage ( which was pretty high)! BTW I was invited to seat on some guys laps during TR and we stood for the encores (front row)!!
A very good last show (for me)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.