Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mini Disc to CD?  (Read 18183 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Mini Disc to CD?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »
Hi. I do have a Hi MD, I think it's the NH1. As I recall the very latest Hi MD allows transfer of old "standard" MD to computer (I think this was a last ditch attempt t osave the format), but my model doesn't have this capability, sadly. :(
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
Yes, I was very surprised at what I found last night. As it turns out, the third generation RH-1 is the Hi-MD unit that allows the uploading of ATRAC files via USB/Sonic Stage and it just happens that the RH-1 is the model that I have. So I need to get a hold of the last version of Sonic Stage and try it out as I don't have a clue if this is a third generation unit or not. Pretty cool stuff.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:56:28 AM »
Cool. You may be receiving a package full of mini discs in the near future. :)

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »
I've so many MD and HI-MD discs of MK at home, but won't have the time to work through this stuff. Anyone? Pottel? ;D

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 02:27:25 AM »
Wow!  :o It worked- I'm really surprised. Used Sonic Stage v3.4 to extract some crappy Minidisc recording I made 3 years ago on my old Sharp mindisc recorder. It even converts it to wav format for you so you don't have to convert it from atrac on the disc. Very cool. I'm really surprised that this happened as I recall years back when I first started out with Minidisc recording, uploading atrac files from a regular MD disc back to a computer was a big issue, and Sony refused to release any software or hardware that would allow for this. I think they claimed it wasn't technically possible or something like that? Guess not.

Anyone need some minidisc to wav transfers done?
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »
Cool stuff. Are you eing serious by the way? I have quite a few MK bits and bobs that it would be great if you could transfer so we could get them up on the tracker for everyone to enjoy. :)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 02:26:25 AM »
Sure, I don't see why not. Send me a PM whenever you want, and I'll convert them to wav and send them back to you on a DVD. Then all you would have to do is cut the tracks (use CDWave to split on sector boundaries!), and flac them.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:31 AM »
Cool stuff. I'll sort through my discs then give you a PM. :)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:29 AM »
I have a Sony MD, same model as yours, Ustas.   I bought it in '06, and it was dead by '08, with batteries impossible to buy except online from Sony or huge online store,certainly not on the the drive from Berkeley to Jacksonville, betweeen venues.  That is why my Jacksonville recording is lossy.   Emergency purchase.
 It does not have a usb port. 
I don't know if your minidiscs will fit into it.   Almost every thing  of Sony's is incompatible with everything else.    I'll be happy to send it to you, Matt,  along with cables and stuff if you want to try it.   
In the meantime, I've got to buy a decent recorder and new mic for next year.   Suggestions?     Edirol for the recorder, I think.  Any particular model?   Little concealable mic?
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 36 queries.