Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 71:2013.10.23, Long Beach Terrace Theatre, CA, USA #SPOILER AHEAD#  (Read 28778 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
No chance I'd forget to remind you, it would stick in my throat for a while too...  :-[

OfflineH97

• Camerado
I don't think we're gonna get new additions to the set, guess we'll receive the same set as from the final European shows, with one or two "rarer" songs added: Kingdom Of Gold for example. I've got the strange feeling that Why Aye Man will be back, but I don't know why haha. Will our loved Done With Bonaparte maybe see the light again? ;D

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Last night I thought of DOTDS. That is quite a good possibility since Nigel is playing with them.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I don't think we're gonna get new additions to the set, guess we'll receive the same set as from the final European shows, with one or two "rarer" songs added: Kingdom Of Gold for example. I've got the strange feeling that Why Aye Man will be back, but I don't know why haha. Will our loved Done With Bonaparte maybe see the light again? ;D

Cheers to Why Aye Man.  I do hope it comes back.  It's one of my favorites LIVE along with Speedway.   :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
To be honest, I wasn't too enamoured with Dream;  beautiful song but not a great song played live as it wasn't extended and everything about it just wasn't done quite as well as on the album.  Guitar/vocal and other instruments were all better sounding in the album version and not improved upon when played live.  The arrangement, which could have made up for that failure, didn't because it was virtually identical.  A pointless live number to me and overrated just because it's rare and a nice album song.

Love WAM but get rid of that whistle during MK's soloing part.  Same goes for Speedway.  That would keep my spirit levels high!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:14:40 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Quite agree DMG about DOTDS 'Live' - from what I have heard it just doesn't do it for me - live.

Anyway really hope you all have a good night with the legend that is 'MK' ;) :wave
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I love the live versions of DOTDS - hope it's played again on this tour!   :)

Have a great time everyone!   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
To be honest, I wasn't too enamoured with Dream;  beautiful song but not a great song played live as it wasn't extended and everything about it just wasn't done quite as well as on the album.  Guitar/vocal and other instruments were all better sounding in the album version and not improved upon when played live.  The arrangement, which could have made up for that failure, didn't because it was virtually identical.  A pointless live number to me and overrated just because it's rare and a nice album song.

Could't disagree more. I was lucky to be in Stuttgart when this beautiful song was played and it was a magical moment. The album version is great, but the live version was great too, and different because the accoustic guitar was replaced with the flute, which, in this particular occasion (see below), was very nice to hear...

Love WAM but get rid of that whistle during MK's soloing part.  Same goes for Speedway.  That would keep my spirit levels high!

This time I agree. The whistle does'nt fit WII, WAM, Speedway...
 Quite sad I never had the opporunity to hear WAM live !

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
Nice concert tonight for all those who are goin'.
Hopefully we really get 1 or 2 nice surprises.
If you ask me MK can drop all DS classics. Would make it more interesting.
Anyway, a blue stick is a must.
Exciting Exciting. What set do we get?
Tomorrow morning we know...
Love will find a Way

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
For personal reasons, I am really, really hoping for Drowned Submariner -- especially Friday in Vegas. I know it's not extended or anything, but my husband was a submariner, so it's dear to me, and Friday's his birthday.
Sweet, I agree that SFA could be dropped without hurting my feelings.
But I want MK to play what makes him happy.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo

Knopfling I like also the song Dream Of The Drowned Submariner and hope he will play it for you!  ;)

I wish you and all the other fans who are able to attend the concert a wonderful time and am sure you all
will enjoy it as much as we did a few months ago! :P

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
just thought id add this in he he

I drove Long Beach, California with three cracked vertebrae
 And we went on to Indianapolis, Indiana in May

:))) lol
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Going to sleep now. What the setlist will be i will found out in the morning. The same as usual i think...
Have a good one  :wave

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Thanks all for your good wishes!! 

Ingrid has survived Death Valley, and is in the building (which happens to be my house), and we are getting ready to go to the show...  Wooohooo! :D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
Thanks all for your good wishes!! 

Ingrid has survived Death Valley, and is in the building (which happens to be my house), and we are getting ready to go to the show...  Wooohooo! :D

Have a great evening, the show will be great, i'm packing leaving for Vegas tomorrow
See you guys around 6:00 at the Plams

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 36 queries.