Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292983 times)

hunter

The signature model delivers his modern tone. The AVRi ii does the early dire straits thing. The difference is quite striking in person. The modern sound is fat and honky in the mids. The vintage sound is much thinner but more transparent to the note.

For those that want the modern sound I suggest to order a team built custom shop Strat. They still offer ash bodies (which are key to get the tone in combination with the TX specials). Note that ash is getting increasingly rare.

The early DS sound is where it's at for me. The closest I've been to that sound was when borrowing someone's Highway 1 Mk2 Strat. Maple neck, string gauge nine, and original pickups. Simply fantastic vintage Strat sound

OfflineJonathanEhlert

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello !

I used toand be a MK Strat owner, but unfortunately had to sell it.
I now need to find another legal steroids online one, but it's either missing or too expensive...

Help ! ;D

Yep, too expensive. Won't be able to afford it for the next couple of years, but who knows...

Todd Krause is the Fender Masterbuilder who actually builds Mark Knopfler's personal instruments and this guitar is built to the exact specifications that Mark
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:21:00 PM by JonathanEhlert »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Did you guys see Fender's new offering; a Fender Stratocaster American Vintage II 1961 in Fiesta Red.
That basically even more a Mark Knopfler strat than the official signature one ;-)

https://www.fender.com/en-NL/american-vintage-ii-1961-stratocaster/0110250840.html

Inflation happens I guess... I paid £1,300 for my MK Strat... but that was 19 years ago!

When you take inflation over 19 years into account the prices are probably about the same.

Beautiful guitar, but prices have gone through the roof.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

Inflation happens I guess... I paid £1,300 for my MK Strat... but that was 19 years ago!

When you take inflation over 19 years into account the prices are probably about the same.

Inflation in the US is bananas at the moment, plus you pay a premium for the Made in USA tag. Compared with a lot of the stuff (except the very low end) made in the Far East these days (where manufacturing tech and quality control have improved greatly), the price/value ratio is really poor.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Not sure where you are based, but in the UK the exchange rate is crap with the US as well so makes buying from there even more crazy, price wise.

Inflation in the US is bananas at the moment, plus you pay a premium for the Made in USA tag. Compared with a lot of the stuff (except the very low end) made in the Far East these days (where manufacturing tech and quality control have improved greatly), the price/value ratio is really poor.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offliner

• Guitar George
i have SE03100

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Offliner

• Guitar George
thank you so much....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
i have SE03100

Added to the register....Welcome my friend...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
https://www.williesguitars.com/product/1964-fender-stratocaster/

If you can’t afford an MK Strat, how about A Sheryl Crow?

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
Whilst a bit bored over the last couple of days I have been putting various SE numbers into https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/

It seems that most SE04000 and below numbers are MK Strats, ( although there seem to be large gaps where numbers have not been used) above and Fender seem to be sticking to their tried and tested method of having a large amount or pre stamped neck plates and just taking one out for whatever instrument they are making at the time.
One digit up and down from mine are John Mayer Strats, one being a standard signature model and one is a copy of his black Strat.

Would love to have MK SE00666 ;D

Will try to get a life now :thumbsup

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Whilst a bit bored over the last couple of days I have been putting various SE numbers into https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/

It seems that most SE04000 and below numbers are MK Strats, ( although there seem to be large gaps where numbers have not been used) above and Fender seem to be sticking to their tried and tested method of having a large amount or pre stamped neck plates and just taking one out for whatever instrument they are making at the time.
One digit up and down from mine are John Mayer Strats, one being a standard signature model and one is a copy of his black Strat.

Would love to have MK SE00666 ;D

Will try to get a life now :thumbsup

Just checked mine, it's on there but incorrect, claims t obe hot rod red when mine is actually dakota red :)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Don't know if this one's been posted here before.

https://www.rjvguitars.com/product/2104755/fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-hot-rod-red-with-abby-custom-shop-pickups

Seems slightly overpriced doesn't it?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Don't know if this one's been posted here before.

https://www.rjvguitars.com/product/2104755/fender-stratocaster-mark-knopfler-hot-rod-red-with-abby-custom-shop-pickups

Seems slightly overpriced doesn't it?

I would say so, especially considering it doesn’t have original pickups.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 40 queries.