Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 298251 times)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
It's a tad disturbing that the man with the "I pestered my poor dad"-start in music business currently only has the Fender collab as a connection to the common man with the common wallet.

The signature Martin was loads of cash
The signed and certified Gibson LP was too.
The Boswell is a collector's only kind of piece, sold out in minutes upon release at fairly good car price-level.

Sorry, but the hypocrisy is ringing out. And it's ringing false.

Bring back the economical lukewarm guitars signature editions!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
It's a tad disturbing that the man with the "I pestered my poor dad"-start in music business currently only has the Fender collab as a connection to the common man with the common wallet.

The signature Martin was loads of cash
The signed and certified Gibson LP was too.
The Boswell is a collector's only kind of piece, sold out in minutes upon release at fairly good car price-level.

Sorry, but the hypocrisy is ringing out. And it's ringing false.

Bring back the economical lukewarm guitars signature editions!

In all fairness, the fact that your average guitar player can't afford any of MK Signature guitars is another reminder to work harder, and maybe, one day you'll get it. I know I dig too deep into this and it's definitely a bummer, and I too want an affordable MK guitar. But probably by owning MK Sig you know you made something in life, even if it is still a collector piece under the display window. In a way, it would even be a shame to end all his with an affordable axe.

So I don't know really. As it's like not to change any time soon, I adapt to the situation and accept the fact that any MK Signature guitar = a truckload of money.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
It's not really about working harder, it's about having enough disposable income to justify spending thousands of pounds on a guitar, which isn't really realistic for most people. Kids, mortgage, pension etc etc etc, all much more sensible things to spend lots of money on than a guitar when you can buy a perfectly good one for a couple of hundred pounds.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
This is symbolic.

We can live without signature models and as said Dusty "you can buy a perfectly good one for a couple of hundred pounds."

So this signature thing matters us because it questions our values.

Mark Knopfler's name is now a brand - yet started by being a popular brand and has turned into a more exclusive one - only for rich people.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
The one thing we can be pleased about is that he kept concert tickets affordable throughout his career. I wonder if he did tour again if he would go for the whole dynamic pricing thing like Springsteen. Selling $10,000 guitars, £250 toy guitars and god knows whatever price gin suggests he would...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Mark Knopfler is not as popular as Bruce  Springsteen so I wonder if dynamic pricing would be that great for  him ?

And for years, we were able to get the best seat in the house without paying for a silly fan club subscription.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Yeah, even with less popular artists tickets seem to have gone through the roof these days.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Bruce Springsteen's tickets are not that expensive imho

if you count the price per hour...

with the Boss you have a 3 hours concert....  ;D

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Yes, that is right. Some Springsteen-shows last more than 3hours, 3,5 hours or sometimes 4 hours had been played in the past by The Boss.
This tour, i will visit him in Duesseldorf and in Hockenheim on the Motordrome Racing-track. In Germany are 4 shows, Duesseldorf, Hamburg, Munich and Hockenheim.
You can watch some shows on the tube. Now, he is 73 years old, äh young, and he reaches the 3 hour-mark easily. Today.  :thumbsup
We are fools to make war

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I just attended t'he Guns n Roses gig in Madrid that lasted 3 hours and 30 minutes non stop.

It wasn't long at all for me, great energy.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
Finally something on-topic here! :)

Looked like a fine example. Price on par with current market value. Strange marks on the back of the neck though.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockholm/fender_stratocaster_mark_knopfler_signature_model/110085928

For sale in Sweden. Few dings, looks like s replacement pickguard and no case candy.

35000 SEK = ~2940 Euro = ~2510 GBP

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Hmm, looks odd with that pickguard. The wood on the headstock looks too light as well but I guess that's just lighting.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.