Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 298420 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Mine has played beautifully for 20 years so I’m not going to fuck about with it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
I slightly adjusted the action on mine when I got it to my particular taste, and I check the intonation when I change strings, but apart from that I haven't had to adjust anything. Changes in the action can be due to so many different factors, including the weather.  You don't say if your neck needs bringing forward or tilting back (or just evenly too low). Fender necks are designed to be "flat" to the body except for the relief, it wouldn't take much of a shim to tilt the neck back to the point where major adjustment was needed to the trem and saddles. I'd be seeking a professional opinion from a luthier before doing anything. 

When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Mine has played beautifully for 20 years so I’m not going to fuck about with it.

I'm with you on that!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
I have taken the measurement wrongly, she is fine :)

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
Do we want to add the Signature Strats that previously belonged to Mark?
From the auction catalogue:
(Lot 93)   SE11955 (2013)
(Lot 94)   SE12178 (2013)
(Lot 106) SE08395 (2010)
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Do we want to add the Signature Strats that previously belonged to Mark?
From the auction catalogue:
(Lot 93)   SE11955 (2013)
(Lot 94)   SE12178 (2013)
(Lot 106) SE08395 (2010)

Added ages ago my friend!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRPK

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello guys - my first post here as ive only discovered this forum.

Ive owned a MK Sig Strat for quite some time and it is in a collection with my Gilmour Signature and several other artist signatures.  When it initially arrived I wasn't so keen on the shade of red as I thought I would be so I never really played it at all and it still even has the pickguard sticker!   Anyhow lately ive been digging back into MK solo stuff due to listening to more chilled guitar music and over the weekend finally dug it out of the case and gave it a whirl and really loved the Strat tones (my Gilmour Strat doesn't have the classic Strat tones as much) so now ive started to get back into playing more and learning more theory this time with the amazing online resources available these days.

Anyhow I thought I would post my serial here - SE10180 and the guitar is with me here in the Falkland Islands.   Its is a later model that I bought from the USA many years ago, sadly cannot find my receipt for exact purchase date and cost.  I think it is 2011 model so 2 years before the guitar was discontinued.    I notice here that people wonder why it was discontinued by Fender however it appears to be a 10 year run so maybe the contract was for 10 years and simply never renewed??

Ive never been much of a finger picker so that has been my main aim since ive started to get back into guitar (Family life took over).   I have no acoustic so I am very tempted to consolidate my collection (many redundant guitars - a few Les Pauls) for a high end acoustic and a R8 Custom shop and be done with buying / selling as I have been guilty in the past of buying and selling FX pedals and the odd guitar like sweets. 

PS - my fave MK album is probably Shangri-la

Cheers!!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:31:16 AM by RPK »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Welcome to the forum!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hello guys - my first post here as ive only discovered this forum.

Ive owned a MK Sig Strat for quite some time and it is in a collection with my Gilmour Signature and several other artist signatures.  When it initially arrived I wasn't so keen on the shade of red as I thought I would be so I never really played it at all and it still even has the pickguard sticker!   Anyhow lately ive been digging back into MK solo stuff due to listening to more chilled guitar music and over the weekend finally dug it out of the case and gave it a whirl and really loved the Strat tones (my Gilmour Strat doesn't have the classic Strat tones as much) so now ive started to get back into playing more and learning more theory this time with the amazing online resources available these days.

Anyhow I thought I would post my serial here - SE10180 and the guitar is with me here in the Falkland Islands.   Its is a later model that I bought from the USA many years ago, sadly cannot find my receipt for exact purchase date and cost.  I think it is 2011 model so 2 years before the guitar was discontinued.    I notice here that people wonder why it was discontinued by Fender however it appears to be a 10 year run so maybe the contract was for 10 years and simply never renewed??

Ive never been much of a finger picker so that has been my main aim since ive started to get back into guitar (Family life took over).   I have no acoustic so I am very tempted to consolidate my collection (many redundant guitars - a few Les Pauls) for a high end acoustic and a R8 Custom shop and be done with buying / selling as I have been guilty in the past of buying and selling FX pedals and the odd guitar like sweets. 

PS - my fave MK album is probably Shangri-la

Cheers!!

Welcome my friend, your strat has been duly added to the list....

OfflineHeike

• Guitar George
  • MK-Fan since I first heard SOS on the radio...
Hi,
I also own one of them. The serial No is SE06110
I´m Heike, Germany
Add me to this list....

:wave
🎸  Heike

We have just one world,
But we live in different ones...

Onlinestratmad

• Camerado
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:26:26 PM by stratmad »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something from the past just comes and stares into your soul...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hi,
I also own one of them. The serial No is SE06110
I´m Heike, Germany
Add me to this list....

:wave

And the magic word is.....

Yeah I'll add your strat to the list...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Basically, a free MK Strat for sale in the UK: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204711166130?itmmeta=01HSVYQTREGCEQDH5BZ6GYSDFM&hash=item2fa9bc80b2:g:n4cAAOSwDWZmAWxx&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4J1YAzk6kBaZiEzxzzrPxFgJo3bIa9i8cR1cytsHnA8ccbdcBOa6Ybj5jenK1DY8siAicm2LdITS%2FS0bwZ7fsI4fGlrkuwM1EKbFF4MORhdISyP9bSkbnX6zR1cqsX3C0dI%2B0YreXLGDmfy4c3OWDgcSTSKJcbDiQ8mh0vmgJSrAAirb1vkeQ23Uu%2BngBzsFmY1EUesFnDRMyJZi809CfmE2SaZ7Rfj5nDBMrEt%2BJ3ZpEmXdcR9L1fSHD%2BVYIGkKHNq%2FUaeWsGp6KW4k4NcuLXG1kKnG%2FhlTEfAfDWOgQ6hx%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6qs3_7OYw

Looks like a nice one.

Is there a way of telling whether it's genuine? If it is, it sounds like a good investment.
I hope it's not like the 1959 Les Paul burst models: Gibson produced 643 of them, and 1700 are registered as "genuine"  :hmm

Some more here:
https://reverb.com/p/fender-mark-knopfler-artist-series-signature-stratocaster-hot-red

1st rule of thumb is check the paperwork, make sure all the candy is with the strat - well that is my opinion anyhow...

That 2011 strat looks good and looks like it comes with the manufacture tag. I'd personally like to see that before I'd purchase....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:49:59 PM by Knopflerfan »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.506 seconds with 38 queries.