Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292856 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
If anyone is looking for an an affordable alternative to the MK strat check these out:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/stratocaster/squier-limited-edition-classic-vibe-60s-stratocaster-laurel-fingerboard-in-fiesta-red

You might not even need pickups, the CV pickups are pretty highly regarded, and of course a lot of people don't like the Texas Specials!
Very nice, I must say. With a good setup (and possibly better pickups - I say possibly), you really are 95% there, guitarwise.

As an owner of the cheapest Squier on sale (not even Classic Vibe!), I can agree that their stuff is insanely good for this money. I just bought an amp, Yamaha THR10II and the guitar sounds like a dream, you would never believe that's a 100$ guitar and a 400$ amp. Squier is my favourite company for its insane value/price score.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
If anyone is looking for an an affordable alternative to the MK strat check these out:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/stratocaster/squier-limited-edition-classic-vibe-60s-stratocaster-laurel-fingerboard-in-fiesta-red

Yes, I've had lots of Squier stuff over the years, never been disappointed.

Currently got this on order:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/squier-fsr-classic-vibe-60s-jaguar-shell-pink-matching-headstock

You might not even need pickups, the CV pickups are pretty highly regarded, and of course a lot of people don't like the Texas Specials!
Very nice, I must say. With a good setup (and possibly better pickups - I say possibly), you really are 95% there, guitarwise.

As an owner of the cheapest Squier on sale (not even Classic Vibe!), I can agree that their stuff is insanely good for this money. I just bought an amp, Yamaha THR10II and the guitar sounds like a dream, you would never believe that's a 100$ guitar and a 400$ amp. Squier is my favourite company for its insane value/price score.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Just saw this article and the picture of Mark with his Strat:
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/mark-knopfler-donates-fender-strat

I think I see a decked tremolo here (trem plate resting to the body). As mentioned a while ago, this is the best tonal booster you could use in a Strat :)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Just saw this article and the picture of Mark with his Strat:
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/mark-knopfler-donates-fender-strat

I think I see a decked tremolo here (trem plate resting to the body). As mentioned a while ago, this is the best tonal booster you could use in a Strat :)

Of course, I think it's a very good idea, if you're not going to use the tremolo on a guitar, just block it. I think he even did that on his Pensas? I remember seeing Floyd Rose but he never used it at all :lol

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Yes, was blocked. One of the old guitar magazines had Ron Eve saying he still liked having the Floyd for the tuning adjustments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
You can actually still use the trem, but only for dives, not for ups. It is pretty stiff then, so not as comfortable, but the Strat sounds significantly better. Decked trems are being used by John Mayer or Stevie Ray Vaughan. By contrast, Clapton BLOCKS his trem with a piece of wood behind the trem block. That gives you a different sound again. If you ever played a Clapton Strat you will notice that it has a very different acoustic sound to a non-blocked Strat. Decked Strats sounds similar in character but better (more depth, volume) than floating trem Strats.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265199182612?hash=item3dbf1a6314:g:mL4AAOSwfcZgTzes

A mint one for sale. Pricy, but at least that's a 100% original guitar and never played so it makes some sense. A collector's piece.

Love Expresso

Played twice!  ;D

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265199182612?hash=item3dbf1a6314:g:mL4AAOSwfcZgTzes

A mint one for sale. Pricy, but at least that's a 100% original guitar and never played so it makes some sense. A collector's piece.

There is the "make offer button" so real price wanted is unknown.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Thats a lot of money even if it was one of the early built models and to be honest that's quite outrageous even for a later built model like this one...shame he/she deliberately covers up the serial Number...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Early models came with a brown case.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Early models came with a brown case.

Indeed - making this a model from the last of the batches...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 39 queries.