Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 298939 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
You now can customize your Strat in this online builder, looks cool: https://www.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/stratocaster/0181900706.html
Also, great to see the difference between Fiesta Red, Hot Rod Red, and Dakota Red in the official Fender app. And the difference is... Insane.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
You now can customize your Strat in this online builder, looks cool: https://www.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/stratocaster/0181900706.html
Also, great to see the difference between Fiesta Red, Hot Rod Red, and Dakota Red in the official Fender app. And the difference is... Insane.

Now that's very cool!! Wow!!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Seems like a decent price for a “custom “ Strat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Seems like a decent price for a “custom “ Strat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good price and a nice idea from Fender....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Like quizzaiously has stated the differences between the Reds is mind blowing - select Dakota Red and then Hot Rod Red to see the big differences!!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Like quizzaiously has stated the differences between the Reds is mind blowing - select Dakota Red and then Hot Rod Red to see the big differences!!

And that only makes me love Fiesta Red even more. I'm obsessed with this colour... I truly believe Strats looks absolutely the best in Fiesta Red, the genius amount of red and this pale tone, not as bright and in-your-face as Hot Rod Red.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Hot Rod:

Fiesta:

Dakota:

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
It's very accurate, my Dakota MK strat looks just like that.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hot Rod:

Fiesta:

Dakota:

Well done, its good to see the comparisons together....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
My two are most certainly Hot Rod Red....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

And that only makes me love Fiesta Red even more. I'm obsessed with this colour... I truly believe Strats looks absolutely the best in Fiesta Red, the genius amount of red and this pale tone, not as bright and in-your-face as Hot Rod Red.

I had a brand new Fender 'Classic 50s' Stratocaster in Fiesta Red and it was nice, but I still prefer Hot Rod Red personally......
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 11:39:24 AM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
All shades of Classic Fender red are awesome

Please don't forget Cimarron Red (in between Fiesta and Dakota) as well as Candle Apple Red (metallic colour). There is also Torino Red which is relatively close to Hot Rod, but less pinkish. A prominent user of a Torino Red Strat is Pete Townshend. Torino is 80s lipstick red, so a very juicy, full shade of red, less dark then Dakota Red, no orange-greenish-salmon hue like Fiesta Red.

Then, there is the Mark Knopfler color on the 1961 Strat which I tried to name a while ago as Rosso Corsa (vintage Ferrari Red). I would love Fender to come up with a Masterbuilt version of the 1961 Strat with that color. Mark's 1961 is super odd in terms of looks because it the lacquer is new and shiny and the rest is vera old (yellowed plastics, yellowed lacquer)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
What red would we call the Schecter he used in the 80s?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
All shades of Classic Fender red are awesome

Please don't forget Cimarron Red (in between Fiesta and Dakota) as well as Candle Apple Red (metallic colour). There is also Torino Red which is relatively close to Hot Rod, but less pinkish. A prominent user of a Torino Red Strat is Pete Townshend. Torino is 80s lipstick red, so a very juicy, full shade of red, less dark then Dakota Red, no orange-greenish-salmon hue like Fiesta Red.

Then, there is the Mark Knopfler color on the 1961 Strat which I tried to name a while ago as Rosso Corsa (vintage Ferrari Red). I would love Fender to come up with a Masterbuilt version of the 1961 Strat with that color. Mark's 1961 is super odd in terms of looks because it the lacquer is new and shiny and the rest is vera old (yellowed plastics, yellowed lacquer)

I think that Strat is the one MK bought in wood finish and was painted by Steve Phillips in red.

David Knopfler also bought a Fender in wood finish that also Steve Phillips painted in black.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.