Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Straits US Tour  (Read 12862 times)

Offlinejakehadlee

• Local Hero
    • Dire Streets
Re: The Straits US Tour
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »
Any links you would like to share......

Where abouts in the UK are you? If were playing near you I'll put you on the door. Come and see us and hopefully we'll restore your faith in trib bands! You could give us on honest review on here too!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
wooohoooo! many thanks for the link - absolutely awesome vid clip and you guys certainly enjoy it! music is excellent - well done!! I'm incidentally in Dorset so if your around my wife and I would love to come and experience one of your gigs! keep up the good work. I guess the other 'tribute' band lacked the good feel vibe you guys seem to create!! PS would love to guest on one of your tracks with one of my MK's!!;-)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejakehadlee

• Local Hero
    • Dire Streets
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
Thanks! We're playing the Wharf in Tavistock on April 26th - that's probably nearest to you? Check out our Facebook page Facebook/direstreets and if you fancy coming along let me know on there before the gig and I'll put a couple of tickets on the door for you.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
Blimey Charlie, we also have a holiday home in Cornwall and we are approx 15 miles away from Tavistock!!
And to cop it all we will both be there that week so consider us coming to see you!
And many thanks for the kind offer of tickets - I will happily review the gig for you if you like?

ps: Love the website!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:24:28 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »
If its about branding... what about the Dire Straits Legends? They even use the whole name  ;D

I agree that the name its confusing, but if you take a look at many of the DS tribute bands that are touring, their names are always like that, except when they choose song titles or references like "Solid rock", "Rockaway" or "Brothers in band" (the last two, Spanish bands, excellents...)

The fact that Alan and Chris were "Straits" could had been the excuse to use the name, but they should had been more creative on it, using another name, related to any song or whatever, and then add the "two former Dire Straits musicians" that its kind of necessary if you want any agent to book you...

Maybe so, but the tribute bands don't have former members in them and don't use banners with the line "performing their greatest hits."

Also, that issue regarding hand picking the musicians is just insulting and unprofessional sounding for those who weren't successful (if there were any).  It seems the way they go about their business is wrong and the touring is just a way of making money for them - the whole thing stinks IMO.

I read and heard the same things that all of you, and my interpretations are different about it, don

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »
Any links you would like to share......

Where abouts in the UK are you? If were playing near you I'll put you on the door. Come and see us and hopefully we'll restore your faith in trib bands! You could give us on honest review on here too!

You guys are good.  :thumbsup :clap  I love tribute bands.  Thanks,  :)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 05:02:32 PM »
Enjoy Sweetsurrender!!! I know you will love it. I saw them in Tilburg a while ago and it was big fun.  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 38 queries.