Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album Like...?  (Read 7248 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: New Album Like...?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »
I just forgot "Portobello Belle" which puts you directly onto the buzzing streets of London, somehow like "Wild West End", with a romantic touch.

Funny that Portobello is also an area of Edinburgh so I always think of that first rather than the market in London!  It's a small Victorian seaside town.  Sean Connery used to work there before he was famous as a lifeguard at the now demolished Art Deco swimming baths.

Interesting fact, never knew that. So it works for me in a slightly other way. Do you mean, PB is about that area an Edinburgh?

Well Mark has alluded to the fact he wrote it about Portobello market in London but, of course living about 25 miles from Portobello, Edinburgh I automatically think of that one first!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davids_leicas/10932579656/in/set-72157637816172443/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davids_leicas/10932604596/in/set-72157637816172443/
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
Great pictures!
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 10:44:34 PM »
Love Over Gold.  I gave the album a listen lately, which I don't do very often being a bootleg man, and the studio versions are just awesome.  They sound like live versions on that album.  Love it!

The title track was never played nearly that well on tour.

+10000 :thumbsup

Posting that prompted me to listen to LOG (the song) again!  The play-out really is a beautifully orchestrated piece of music.  When played live I didn't really care for it at all.  Opportunity missed. :-\
LoG is one of the best songs ever recorded IMHO. I agree on the live versions vs studio, I think it starts out nice and all, but why didn't they play an extra long outro live like they did on many other songs? LoG followed by INR work really well on the album too, they really compliment eachother somehow :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 38 queries.