Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Early Bird again  (Read 5768 times)

LoveExpresso

Early Bird again
« on: July 25, 2014, 11:33:18 PM »
As I have too much time in my hands these days I was browsing through some old threads and found our Early Bird discussion from 2010.. about the exra iTunes release and stuff. Back then, we only had the not so good i-Tunes version with a low bit rate. I still use that version until today.

Is there a better version available in the meantime?

Still very interesting to read our discussions about the release politics, about the bonus deluxe crap and TK releasing unofficial stuff on his site...  ;D

EDIT: I know amazon.de has it as an mp3-dowload, but I cannot find anything about the bit rate.

LE
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:36:06 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Early Bird again
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »
I doubt it because if I remember it wasn't even available in the UK at all and maybe even Germany alone.  Am I correct?  Was it part of the Get Lucky super deluxe box set or did that just include dice and poker chips?

Interesting that it's still available on amazon.de
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:00:52 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

LoveExpresso

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
 :thinkNo it was NOT in the Get Lucky deluxe box but released later as an exclusive iTunes bonus song. That was part of the bad vibes back then. Plus on iTunes
it was only available at a low bitrate. Therefore I wonder if any other source offered it in a better quality.

The same happened at those months when another "exclusive track" Time In The Sun popped up, exclusive on amazon.de.

The box set included three songs which were all crap, Pulling Down the Ride, Home Boy and Good as Gold.

LE
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:22:35 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
No it was NOT in the Get Lucky deluxe box but released later as an exclusive iTunes bonus song. That was part of the bad vibes back then. Plus on iTunes
it was only available at a low bitrate. Therefore I wonder if any other scource offered it in a better quality.

The same happened at those months when another "exclusive track" Time In The Sun popped up, exclusive on amazon.de.

The box set included three songs which were all crap, Pulling Down the Ride, Home Boy and Good as Gold.

LE

Thanks.  I had a quick look at the old thread but it was about a hundred pages and couldn't find anything about Early Bird.

BTW   I totally agree about these other bonus tracks.  How is having these a "bonus?"  :hmm
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
It's just the way these companies operate, they demand an exclusive to drive traffic to their site or say they won't promote it.

I heard Steve Earle speaking about it in an interview and he said it's nothing new and that Tower Records used to do the same thing.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 41 queries.