Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Buying MK stratocaster  (Read 4032 times)

OfflineJohnyl1

• Guitar George
Buying MK stratocaster
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »
Like tittle says, im from Portugal and i want to buy a MK stratocaster, been looking for it for some time and i can't find any!!!!
msg me if you have 1 for sale!

Best reguards to all!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Buying MK stratocaster
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »
Greetings,

It's just a question of being patient - they do frequently come along on Flea bay!!

Here is one already....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Artist-Mark-Knopfler-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-with-Original-Case-/251618358986?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a959f76ca

Regards
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJohnyl1

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »
Yeah problem is it's on USA, the taxes will be udge to ship to Portugal!! I know the in UK you pay a lot less, unfortunatly in Portugal we ay a lot!
Just bought a new Strato personaly signed by MK with the letter of authenticity, and bought it coz was from spain!!!
Thx for the hint anyway!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:27:51 PM by Johnyl1 »

OfflineJohnyl1

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:25 PM »
Got tired of watching for a MK strato so i made my own MK strato!!! All with american parts, following all MK specs, this is a prototype, the one im building now is the real deal!!!!!
I know it's never the original, but it sounds real good!!! ill post a video later!!!!!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
nice but why put schecter-style pots ?

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »
Looking good
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

foma

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »
Hey Johnyl1, I want to share my experience with you. I have my Strat with vintage Fender body and genuine MK neck.

Recently friend of mine bought all-genuine MK Strat and we kinda compared the two and...

Hardware-wise they all basically the same. Soldering and wiring actually better (!) on my Strat, because it's a real custom instrument with best parts possible, so all the electronics working and looks even better. Virtually no any sound differences between the two, but with true MK Strat you have a cooler case, cooler case candy and cooler serial number of course. So I'm with you here exept I'd decided not to put MK's signature on non-signature neck, it's better to find genuine one. This is how my 'fake MK Strat' looks like:

OfflineJohnyl1

• Guitar George
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
Like i said this was the 1st i mounted so i was all excited to see it all finished, the klusom machine heads are there coz i made a mistake when ordering the neck, i asked for 10mm holes instead of 8mm so i had to put those on.
The current neck is being made with the currect 8 mm specs, im just changing 1 thing on the guitar, im making the fretboard in dark ebony instead of rosewood.
The body is being covered with primary and then ill make a nice hot rod red paint on it!!

OfflineRafael

• Guitar George
  • Universe is music......
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
I sell my Fender Stratocaster MKs SE00674 in Madrid. Only personal transaction. 1400 euros
Rafael

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 40 queries.