Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (15) Heart Of Oak (1:43)  (Read 42770 times)

OfflineFabioSorbello

• Guitar George
Re: (15) Heart Of Oak (1:43)
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2016, 11:07:35 PM »
These days I write in a Facebook page to Italians MK' fans: it is called Mark Knopfler World. I have transcribed the interview with Dave Johnson early in the year. Have you seen it or listened to it by chance?

I have corrected a mistake....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:10:43 PM by FabioSorbello »
There are lots of lovely things in the worlds and then there is Mark... And he is unique and irreplaceable!

OfflineFabioSorbello

• Guitar George
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2016, 11:09:37 PM »
Ok I will. But to write a full contribution takes some time and tonight i want to watch metroland... :)
There are lots of lovely things in the worlds and then there is Mark... And he is unique and irreplaceable!

Love Expresso

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »
These days I write in a Facebook page to Italians MK' fans: it is called Mark Knopfler World. I have transcribed the interview with Dave Johnson early in the year. Have you seen it or listened to it by chance?

I have corrected a mistake....

No I haven't. Thanks for pointing out I will see if I can find it.

No hurry, never saw that one! Love the sound track though. Bought it in London when I was there for the first time  after finding it coincidentally  without knowing that it existed.  Had to wait until I was back in Germany days later to listen to it for the first time. I guess it was 1998? Too lazy to check...

Looking forward to your ideas about Are We In Trouble Now.

LE

OfflineFabioSorbello

• Guitar George
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
Here is the link...

You will find the transcription in English in the uploading label text immediately under the video

Love Expresso

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »
Thanks a lot. Nice work and very interesting story. Must have totally missed it when it appeared. And shows that MK really knew what he wanted..
Strange sounding voice however, hardly any resemblance.   So much for off-topic here.  :)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »
Thanks a lot. Nice work and very interesting story. Must have totally missed it when it appeared. And shows that MK really knew what he wanted..
Strange sounding voice however, hardly any resemblance.   So much for off-topic here.  :)

LE

Here it is LE!  :)

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=4922.0
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »
Thank you very much, Val. Read the complete thread. Went off-topic also pretty fast. So there ARE some treasures in the vaults still. Hope one will live long enough to be there should they appear one day!
That song Summer Coming My Way doesn't sound too bad, I like the mood. Pity we cannot hear it completely.

LE

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 07:50:24 PM »
I haven't got time for provocations. Isn't this a place for grown ups? The place for fans interested in knowing more about Mark and his music? I love Mark and whatever I write and think comes naturally from it. I have no interested in books or any other show off....
[/quote]
It was just me being overbuilding it.
I'm sorry.
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

OfflineFabioSorbello

• Guitar George
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
Apologies accepted. Thanks 😊

Love Expresso

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »
Heart of Oak is running on heavy rotation at my home  the last couple of days. So great! I really love the complete recording. The guitar sounds so good, every single string resonates deep and powerful together with Mark's great singing on this one. Short, yes, but brilliant!

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »
As I'm preparing the lesson for "Heart Of Oak" I experienced a very strange sensation while listening this tune and looking on a photo of young MK.
I was like — errrrrm, this is really the same man who wrote it? As he said, "I can't write Sultans anymore, because it was written by other man."*

* I'm not sure he did say that, but I remember reading something along those lines.

Love Expresso

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »
Was it not more like if he would go into that Pub these days he was sure he would write the same song again as there are things that let his song writing going off? Not sure about it however.

Heart of Oak is such a Masterpiece. Could be an old English poem. I have Tracker Revival weeks at the last couple of weeks and must have listened to this song a hundred times or more alone in 2017. Along with Laughs & Jokes, Basil, River Towns, Broken Bones, Mighty Man, and so on. Phantastic music and I don't miss any guitar solo at all!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »

Heart of Oak is such a Masterpiece. Could be an old English poem. I have Tracker Revival weeks at the last couple of weeks and must have listened to this song a hundred times or more alone in 2017. Along with Laughs & Jokes, Basil, River Towns, Broken Bones, Mighty Man, and so on. Phantastic music and I don't miss any guitar solo at all!

LE

I agree with you LE about Tracker.   I still listen to the whole album with great pleasure.   It feels like going on a wonderful journey and I don't think I will ever tire of listening to it.  I don't miss the solos either.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
That's what happens to me with Kill to get crimson
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »
"Panta Rhei" I would say - ONLY that Mark is able to catch the moment and make a memorable notice out of it!
Today is Sultans tomorrow is Heart Of Oak. You know what I mean - If there would be "Sultans" today he would have got the song for them as well!
 :wave
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 47 queries.