Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT reviews of Tracker  (Read 72332 times)

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
Re: AMIT reviews of Tracker
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »
Hot Dog is the

only rocking song of the bonus stuff (apart from the two from the box which I do not have and know). Hot Dog is best described as another Imelda kind of song. Distorted guitar, riff, pretty much like Imelda, but even better I would say. Short, dry, cool.

LE

Don't forget Heavy Fuel as it sounds very much like that.
Terminal Of Tribute To is simply gorgeous and should have been included on the "basic" album.Too many people will miss out not hearing this gorgeous song.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
Hot Dog is the only rocking song of the bonus stuff (apart from the two from the box which I do not have and know). Hot Dog is best described as another Imelda kind of song. Distorted guitar, riff, pretty much like Imelda, but even better I would say. Short, dry, cool.

LE

Don't forget Heavy Fuel as it sounds very much like that.
Terminal Of Tribute To is simply gorgeous and should have been included on the "basic" album.Too many people will miss out not hearing this gorgeous song.

I haven´t heard the album yet but based on the lyrics, Terminal of Tribute To has so strong lyrics which might be the reason for outruling that from the album. Similarly to Early Bird.

OfflineForgotMyHat

• Guitar George
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
Basil is very 'Get Lucky' (the album)

it's basically a mix of So far from the Clyde & Remembrance day

Both those songs are far more memorable than anything on Tracker.

Offlinerichardmu

• Local Hero
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
Both those songs are far more memorable than anything on Tracker.
[/quote]

Agreed 100% Basil is definitely interesting though to die hard fans.

OfflineForgotMyHat

• Guitar George
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

Agreed 100% Basil is definitely interesting though to die hard fans.

True.

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
Is it just me, or are a lot of people making judgements on the quality of these songs on the basis of one, maybe two, listens to the album on low grade streams. It's true that some MK songs have an immediate impact, but many others are 'growers', and get into one's bloodstream after several listens over a period of time. Next week, we'll be able to listen at at least CD quality through our hi-fi, and I suspect that may make a difference.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »
Well I got my CD this afternoon and it is on heavy rotation since then and all I can say is I LOVE TRACKER!!

LE

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
Is it just me or anyone else thinks that the bonus tracks are always, always better than many of the songs that ended up on On every street and all MK previous albums?

I just love.38 special, My heart has never changed, Terminal of tribute to, Hot dog and even Heart of oak.

My heart... sounded to me like Get lucky, part II. Terminal... is THE song for those who wants a proper guitar solo. Hot dog is the rocker song of the sessions, even more than Beryl.

All of these songs should be on the album! 
Love over gold, mind over matter

LoveExpresso

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2015, 07:03:49 PM »
Well if you buy the Special Edition they ARE!  ;D ;D :lol

LE

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
But to be fair we are getting value for spending a bit more rather that songs that are worthless and they know full well that fans will not buy 11 songs when they can buy 15-17 .

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2015, 07:32:14 PM »
But to be fair we are getting value for spending a bit more rather that songs that are worthless and they know full well that fans will not buy 11 songs when they can buy 15-17 .

Yep, I would buy 100 songs if he released them at the same time. But I think is a wrong decison to the general market. I really think Hot dog and Terminal of tribute to in this album, and, let's say, Early bird, Summer of love, Let's see you, Camerado, Long highway, Gravy train, Tall order baby and What have I got to do would be catchier songs for the non die hard fans than many that were chosen for their respective albums.
Love over gold, mind over matter

LoveExpresso

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2015, 07:33:45 PM »
He doesn't care for his fans. Fans are suspect to him. I bet he would think that every time at every concert at the same town there are other people than the previous times before...

LE

OfflineForgotMyHat

• Guitar George
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
Is it just me, or are a lot of people making judgements on the quality of these songs on the basis of one, maybe two, listens to the album on low grade streams. It's true that some MK songs have an immediate impact, but many others are 'growers', and get into one's bloodstream after several listens over a period of time. Next week, we'll be able to listen at at least CD quality through our hi-fi, and I suspect that may make a difference.

No I have the full album. Waiting for the hi-res HDTRACKS version now.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »

It's a quiet album in a loud time full of dangers. It concentrates on love and experience of a lifetime, and is therefore also spiritual without any religious links. It's a necessary album in a world that spins way too fast. It's honest, it's pure, it touches me. It is important!

How can you read my thoughts? Joking aside, very well put and a better read than a lot of "professional" articles I've read so far. You should send your summary to guy, I'm sure they'll be glad about your impression.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

surferboy

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »

It's a quiet album in a loud time full of dangers. It concentrates on love and experience of a lifetime, and is therefore also spiritual without any religious links. It's a necessary album in a world that spins way too fast. It's honest, it's pure, it touches me. It is important!

How can you read my thoughts? Joking aside, very well put and a better read than a lot of "professional" articles I've read so far. You should send your summary to guy, I'm sure they'll be glad about your impression.

That's exactly what I thought, too. Much better than any of the professional reviews. Here's someone who really listened and understood.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 46 queries.