Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Which one is the Gosforth Grammar School that MK attempted?  (Read 8255 times)

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
Re: Which one is the Gosforth Grammar School that MK attempted?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:26 PM »
Mark and his brother David both attended Gosforth Grammar School.. The school was originally in one site with a good playing field right by the Great North Road.  Then the council decided to build a "new school"...Older pupils moved to the new school with building not yet complete.   When ..  on  on the opposite side of the road... and a bit further down from what is now Regent Centre.  I 'studied' in both the old and the new school buildings.   Just before moving over to the 'new school' I remember chatting with two brothers about school and the future.. They said "Most of the teachers think we are not good at anything.. but the music teacher says we are not bad."     Mark did some folk singing with Sue Hercombe, sister of Peter who was in my class..
The old site later became Gosforth Central Middle.. and my children Suzanne and Alex both both went there... and then across the road  to what became Gosforth High School..
Thanks for sharing.

thanks fot the picture chrissie, too bad Mr. McIntyre wasn't there  ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:15:59 PM by Stanko »
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Which one is the Gosforth Grammar School that MK attempted?
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »
Mark and his brother David both attended Gosforth Grammar School.. The school was originally in one site with a good playing field right by the Great North Road.  Then the council decided to build a "new school"...Older pupils moved to the new school with building not yet complete.   When ..  on  on the opposite side of the road... and a bit further down from what is now Regent Centre.  I 'studied' in both the old and the new school buildings.   Just before moving over to the 'new school' I remember chatting with two brothers about school and the future.. They said "Most of the teachers think we are not good at anything.. but the music teacher says we are not bad."     Mark did some folk singing with Sue Hercombe, sister of Peter who was in my class..
The old site later became Gosforth Central Middle.. and my children Suzanne and Alex both both went there... and then across the road  to what became Gosforth High School..

Thank you so very much for this, John  :wave
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.