Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler  (Read 113705 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
New book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:36 AM »
I´m happy to announce that I'd written a book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler that it´s called "Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler´s London"

It´s a book/guide about London and the places related to the Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler songs and history, the places that inspired their songs, where important events happened in their career, with pictures, maps etc etc etc

I wrote it with the big help of our friend DMG, who helped me with the English translation of the book (that was originally written in Spanish and translated to "my English" at the same time), and when it was done, SUPERVAL and Mr and Mrs TWM helped me correcting everything that was needed.

Not only that but also DMG was very kind to write and ilustrate with his pictures two special chapters about Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I used my own pictures to ilustrate the book, and when it was needed some of my friends helped me with their pictures, and Banjo99uk and Jeremiah Dixon helped me with pictures as well.

The book is released in three formats, two of them are pocket size, with pages in black and white, one of them with hard cover, and the third formar is the biggest one, with hard cover and all the pages in colour, that it's, in my opinion, the coolest, actually the three of them are nice, the more cheap one is specially perfect if you plan to bring it with you to London as a guide.

If you are planning to do the routes explained in the book, I strongly recommend you to order the book the soonest the better, as it´s self publishing, every book is printed on demand and then sent it to you, so it takes between 20 and 30 days.

You can order the book in this link http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent, you will find the three editions in Spanish and the three in English.

I want to finish this post thanking again DMG for all his help, and to Val, TWM, Banjo and Jeremiah Dixon, I hope they are as happy as me when they have the book in their hands.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
Re: New book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:57:46 AM »
Wow interesting! Looks like you guys put a lot of effort in it. Good job!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
Wow! The book seems amazing and truly a well made project. Thank you for your dedication!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »
Great Jbaent! Just ordered a copy ;-)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
Thank you! I really hope that like it when you put your hands on it, it was an experience to write it, reliving memories of all those places visited in the past, I hope it helps you to do that visits in the future!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
Great Jbaent! Just ordered a copy ;-)

Dear Ingrid, I just saw your order, thank you, I really hope you like it!  :D

foma

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
Wow, I'm just stunned.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:19:38 AM »
And your timing is perfect. I will go to Dublin and end with 2 RAH shows, in between: Newcastle, O2 London and Birmingham (and hopefully some more if people have sparetix for me). I will take the book with me and have some sightseeing with this giude  :D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »
And your timing is perfect. I will go to Dublin and end with 2 RAH shows, in between: Newcastle, O2 London and Birmingham (and hopefully some more if people have sparetix for me). I will take the book with me and have some sightseeing with this giude  :D

Actually I´m late with releasing the book, I wanted to release it early this year but I´ve been delayed quite a lot because of home duties and family, but hopefully I managed to take time from here and there to at least having it before the tour starts so it can be helpful during the tour.

I also wrote a chapter about Newcastle so it will be helpful for that show too  ;)

Ps/ I´ll be at the O2 and Birmingham too, if we see each other I can sign it for you, if you want, LOL  ;D

foma

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »
Actually I´m late with releasing the book, I wanted to release it early this year but I´ve been delayed quite a lot because of home duties and family.

Sounds familiar, isn't Tracker was meant to be released 'In early 2015' or even 'In January'? :lol

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 11:50:01 AM »

Actually I´m late with releasing the book, I wanted to release it early this year but I´ve been delayed quite a lot because of home duties and family, but hopefully I managed to take time from here and there to at least having it before the tour starts so it can be helpful during the tour.

I also wrote a chapter about Newcastle so it will be helpful for that show too  ;)

Ps/ I´ll be at the O2 and Birmingham too, if we see each other I can sign it for you, if you want, LOL  ;D

You HAVE to sign it dear ;-) And we will have a good beer over this book.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I can thoroughly recommend this book.  If you are attending one of the concerts this tour or going to one of the cities it is essential reading and gives precise instructions with maps of how to get to the locations.

Even if you aren't intending on visiting, the content is extremely well researched and it makes for some interesting reading.  A must-have for all fans!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
Does it mention Damage Management? Too bad I didn't know about your project Jbaent. I have some photos taken in 1999 from inside the place. Somewhere...  :think  :hmm
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

surferboy

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Thank you very much for your effort!
I just ordered two copies.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
Does it mention Damage Management? Too bad I didn't know about your project Jbaent. I have some photos taken in 1999 from inside the place. Somewhere...  :think  :hmm

Oh yes, it talks very briefly about Damage Management and it´s location, however, if you find the pictures send them to me, maybe I can do a second edition or an annex or something... bad I didnt asked you then!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 43 queries.