Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark visits German TV show March 27th  (Read 46670 times)

OfflineJohnRossEwing

• Banned
  • Local Hero
Re: Mark visits German TV show March 27th
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
so, it is NOT rude here, in an forum dedicated to MK to say

Mark is rusty
Mark is singing bad
Mark is playing bad

i really must ask, YOU are right here ?

my opinion. simple. what i saw and heared yesterday was a fresh perfomance of an actually 65 years old Rockstar who is doing a promotion tour after a long life of highest creativity others only can dream of ... if someone thinks this is rusty and bad ... well, ... you know it ... i don´t think so.

OfflineJohnRossEwing

• Banned
  • Local Hero
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2015, 04:10:28 PM »
now you got it ;-)

;D

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
so, it is NOT rude here, in an forum dedicated to MK to say

Mark is rusty
Mark is singing bad
Mark is playing bad

i really must ask, YOU are right here ?

my opinion. simple. what i saw and heared yesterday was a fresh perfomance of an actually 65 years old Rockstar who is doing a promotion tour after a long life of highest creativity others only can dream of ... if someone thinks this is rusty and bad ... well, ... you know it ... i don´t think so.

Again I agree wholeheartadly with you....

Having personally seen & heard MK in a very personal 'charity show' 18 months ago in which he hadn't 'warmed up' he did appear 'rusty' at first but as far as I'm concerned he is 'the master' and always will be!!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJohnRossEwing

• Banned
  • Local Hero
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »
i was one of the happiest people on world yesterday watching TV - and now some fans here tell me that was bad ? one opinion, not mine. 

and i think the singing wasn´t bad, it was different to album version, sometimes even angry, because i read an article about Mark and Beryl that he is really angry about it that she did not get this prize before
i think his singing was quite impressive (and he never was THE singer that visit a singer school)
but charisma and strat sound was a beauty, ...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
i was one of the happiest people on world yesterday watching TV - and now some fans here tell me that was bad ? one opinion, not mine. 

and i think the singing wasn´t bad, it was different to album version, sometimes even angry, because i read an article about Mark and Beryl that he is really angry about it that she did not get this prize before
i think his singing was quite impressive (and he never was THE singer that visit a singer school)
but charisma and strat sound was a beauty, ...

Exactly right. It was a slightly different version than the album and really loved it! The final Guitar break was really good in the sense he was 'behind the rhythm' with the Strat and I really enjoyed that. Vocals were fine to me too, but obviously once the practice sessions begin his voice will greatly improve....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »
Sorry it must be me but I find your writing hard to understand

I get it now!
You are actually like the majority of us on here condemning anyone who put's negative remarks about MK! Well good for you and I'm with you 110%.... :clap
i am assuming it is the german translation into english that comes across as rude, not necessarily meant that way. some do it better then others.
@jr: no one here is dissing MK, just noticing that he is not on touring speed yet, and all of us know that when on speed, nobody comes even close to our man.
so chill.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

LoveExpresso

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »
Nice to see you Pottel.
I must say this Cliff Barnes guy has posted one of the weirdest and strangest post I have seen for a long time around here. It is not the thing about the minibus, I had a good laugh about it although I would categorize that as PRETTY RUDE.  (I reported that to moderators)

One guy is turning up, lamenting that we all are rude, then in the next sentence saying "YOU are rusty" meaning the COMPLETE forum obviously, not a single member or so, then announcing he wants to leave because of that, but at the same time asks us to support some strange YouTube video, THEN again shouting against ALL about maybe meet at the shows or maybe better not, THEN by the way send some nice greetings to rusty LE, then turning up again, although I thought he wanted to leave... what else can you say to such a person better than Goodbye? Really, I am not interested in hearing anything from this strange guy, thank you very much. I

LE
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:48:23 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Nice to see you Pottel.
I must say this Cliff Barnes guy has posted one of the weirdest and strangest post I have seen for a long time around here. It is not the thing about the minibus, I had a good laugh about it although I would categorize that as PRETTY RUDE.

One guy is turning up, lamenting that we all are rude, then in the next sentence saying "YOU are rusty" meaning the COMPLETE forum obviously, not a single member or so, then announcing he wants to leave because of that, but at the same time asks us to support some strange YouTube video, THEN again shouting against ALL about maybe meet at the shows or maybe better not, THEN by the way send some nice greetings to rusty LE, then turning up again, although I thought he wanted to leave... what else can you say to such a person better than Goodbye? Really, I am not interesting in hearing anything from this strange guy, thank you very much.

LE

LE,

He is on our side as it were. I initially fell for it too thinking the comments were rude but it's purely the way it has been written that's all....
Hello Pottel :wave

LoveExpresso

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
It has nothing to do with "our side" or not. He can stay on his side. But calling a Complete forum rude, announcing to leave it, but not doing so, lamenting around, talking nonsense, being totally rude is not what fits in with this forum.

Mark had a bad voice last night and his singing was under his usual niveau, I say that as often as I want to, if he does not feel ok with it, he can take a minibus to MKNews, maybe Terry has on open ear for him.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
It has nothing to do with "our side" or not. He can stay on his side. But calling a Complete forum rude, announcing to leave it, but not doing so, lamenting around, talking nonsense, being totally rude is not what fits in with this forum.

Mark had a bad voice last night and his singing was under his usual niveau, I say that as often as I want to, if he does not feel ok with it, he can take a minibus to MKNews, maybe Terry has on open ear for him.

LE

But the fact was he WASN'T being rude, he was commenting on others putting MK down about the performance... again it was the way it was written..

Anyway onto more important things within the forum...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:54:56 PM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »
Well now I'm really looking forward to be on monday evening to watch MK perform Beryl Live on French TV and I'm pretty sure that it will be great for a 65 years old Rock Star who happens to be One of the best songwriter and Musician from 20th century!! Let us feel glad that he's still composing, writing, recording, making promotions before Touring around the World, knowing now that he said he still enjoys to do all this!! In France we have Jean Jacques Goldman ( another best musician who composed albums for Celine Dion in french) who used to do the very same than MK, 10 years ago, then stopped suddenly the whole business except composing for others and making once in a year charity gigs for poor people!! He thought it was better to marry again, have 3 daughters and raise them because he couldn't do it for his 3 first children!!! The Fans are still asking him to come back but he answered that there were not such plans in his mind!!! So feel lucky that MK is still very interested in doing his job!!! That's my humble opinion on this discussion!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
Well now I'm really looking forward to be on monday evening to watch MK perform Beryl Live on French TV and I'm pretty sure that it will be great for a 65 years old Rock Star who happens to be One of the best songwriter and Musician from 20th century!! Let us feel glad that he's still composing, writing, recording, making promotions before Touring around the World, knowing now that he said he still enjoys to do all this!! In France we have Jean Jacques Goldman ( another best musician who composed albums for Celine Dion in french) who used to do the very same than MK, 10 years ago, then stopped suddenly the whole business except composing for others and making once in a year charity gigs for poor people!! He thought it was better to marry again, have 3 daughters and raise them because he couldn't do it for his 3 first children!!! The Fans are still asking him to come back but he answered that there were not such plans in his mind!!! So feel lucky that MK is still very interested in doing his job!!! That's my humble opinion on this discussion!! :wave

Fantastic paragraph - well done!! Yes great MK is still about putting excellent music out and then ultimately touring too - we must all be very grateful for that...

LoveExpresso

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:04 PM »
But the fact was he WASN'T being rude, he was commenting on others putting MK down about the performance... again it was the way it was written..

Anyway onto more important things within the forum...

Sorry, Knopflerfan, but I disagree strongly. But it's ok. AMIT is a bunch of rusty old carpers as Ray Krebbs noted, not allowed to say anything against Mark that has the slightest touch of criticism. Couldn't care less.

LE

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 05:01:54 PM »
Thanks Knopflerfan!! :thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:05:06 PM by Marijo58 »
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 43 queries.