Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Which 5 songs would you pick from the new album for the Tracker tour? (poll)  (Read 16657 times)

LoveExpresso

That's right. I loved the long playing out in 2010 and still in 2011, but John McCusker got too much time in the middle part, and the bass/violin picking part never did it for me really. But I liked very much the new ending with Jim doing some almost "jazzy" piano stuff at the end... but I think Marbletown will not get shorter but longer, so it would alright for me not to hear it again.

Not sure if Mark is going this far and skip so many songs. One or two, yes, but not more. I cold easily live WITHOUT What It Is, Corned Beef City, Postcards From Paraguay... the rest I will not mention otherwise a new war will break loose around here!  :wave

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
To be honest I'm not really fussed what he plays because I'm just happy he is touring again!!! :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I love Marbletown, but I'm ready for a change now - I haven't decided what to replace it with yet.   :think   I agree that WII and Postcards need pensioning off too - oh and also So Far Away!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Oh yes I forgot SFA - 'Go far away'

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

LoveExpresso

Funny enough, this time I have very clear ideas about some songs and how they might sound live - I think I already described how I imagine Laughs And Jokes as opening song... with band introduction before or right after the flute solo.. and then everyone gets a little moment..
I would love to hear Mighty Man, it could sound more or less similiar to the album version, live I imagine some Haul Away feeling.
And Broken Bones, a chair, Mark, Glen and Ianto, the others stand around the mic (like in 1985 with Why Worry) and clap!!  ;D
Beryl has to be a bit longer live, so it gets the Walk Of Life kind-of-break. (some words from Mark again)
Oh, and some real surprise, like LIONS instead of Sultans..

Agree about So Far Away.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Heart of Oak with MK on his own espeically in the RAH..... :think

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 41 queries.