Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Do you listen to Tracker anymore ?  (Read 20050 times)

OfflineTJ

• Camerado
Re: Do you listen to Tracker anymore ?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
Listening to it just about every day.  The last MK album I listened to this much was Shangri-La.  No skippers for me really, Mighty Man was at first but is growing on me.  I do skip Long Cool Girl sometimes.

I particularly enjoy the 3 song stretch of Basil-River Towns-Skydiver.
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
I'm listening everyday to Tracker. The only skipper for me is Mighty Man, just after the intro. To me it is a versatile collection of songs. Simple lyrics switch to words with deeper meaning. Sure, there could be more guitar work. But, to me, it is something of a 5* menu. The quantities/courses may be tiny, but that keeps you anticipating every note to cherish...
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 12:58:44 AM »
Every evening after work on the way back home.  Mighty Man is often skipped.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

foma

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 01:40:57 AM »
Couple of weeks without Tracker now. Just because I hugely over-over-over-listened it right from 10th of March.
But my Deluxe Box is on its way, so I believe I'll get more weeks of listening for it very soon. I miss Chuck Ainlay.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 02:14:08 AM »
Still can't stop listening to all of it and also playing along to it on the guitar either.....

It most certainly gets better and better..... espeically as it has a few more guitar licks in it than the last few albums albeit very sparse licks!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:16:41 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »
After about a week of repeated listening a month ago, i've stopped listening to it. Just a tad bit too mellow for me.  Still loveeee Mark's voice though :)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »
I listen to it every day.  I have the CD in my car, and I get a little frustrated that my drive to work is too short for any real listening.   ::)
So I go for long runs so I can hear it in its entirety.   ;)
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
Listening to it on the bus and train. And still surprised by a few tracks and skip a few others.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 01:42:42 AM »
Not much to be honest, my favourite is still easily Get Lucky.

foma

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 02:01:21 AM »
Not much to be honest, my favourite is still easily Get Lucky.

Wow, I listened Get Lucky in its entirety yesterday, and also thought that it's my favourite album.

Anybody knows why we listen Tracker not-so-much these days? Even the box won't restore my love for it  :think

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »
Before Gas and TV is sublime, all his other celtic stuff pales into insignificance for me.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 03:25:45 PM »
I find myself listening to other music than Tracker now. It has had it's first run. Don't wanna overplay it.

Now begins the phase where I want to be pleasantly surprised by the live versions. Get them on one stick or two to hear them all over again. And then eventually I'll return to the album again listening to those who were left out from the tour.

Lastly, there will be skippers and those which are added to my personal MK favourites playlist.

Every album has it's own life cycle. The best ones cling on and the other will be there whenever they are needed  :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
I find myself listening to other music than Tracker now. It has had it's first run. Don't wanna overplay it.

Now begins the phase where I want to be pleasantly surprised by the live versions. Get them on one stick or two to hear them all over again. And then eventually I'll return to the album again listening to those who were left out from the tour.

Lastly, there will be skippers and those which are added to my personal MK favourites playlist.

Every album has it's own life cycle. The best ones cling on and the other will be there whenever they are needed  :)

Very true.  The live versions are, mostly, the best versions anyway and I seldom listen to any of the albums. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »
I will reiterate - the Emperor's New Clothes. :-) Thats what it is to me. :-[ I have wonderd for a few years is this the beginning of the end? (rhetorical question). It's hard to try and like something for the sake of it. It just doesnt do it for me - I just don't get it. I am of the opinion that the lyrics belong in a poetry book. 

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »

Very true.  The live versions are, mostly, the best versions anyway and I seldom listen to any of the albums.

Only live versions for me too !  Is there such a thing like a bad version of a live version :hmm.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 42 queries.