Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark (and Bob) by Antoine De Caunes  (Read 6472 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Mark (and Bob) by Antoine De Caunes
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 10:09:07 AM »
Thanks ds 1984. It was good to watch this (I rather  liked the NHBs) but I don't recall seeing any of that before but I could be completely wrong. As I said before, it's not really my area of knowledge or expertise but it could well have been an edition of  RAPIDO, as I used to watch that quite a bit. I have a different "image"  lodged in my "memory banks".  Maybe he talked a bit about "Mr Bob" in the interview and that's why I vaguely recall something. On the other hand, perhaps everything is beginning to get scrambled up in my mind.

Was MK interviewed on any other editions of RAPIDO?

MK is also interviewed by A.d.C in les Enfants du rock 1984, and there are some words about Bob, so maybe it is this one you remember twm ? but I doubt it was aired in the UK... :think

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 02:47:10 AM »
Thanks, jf but, although I haven't watched all of the programme you posted, it was not that interview that I recall.

I've had a quick look through some notes from around that time and found a reference to another MK interview. It was on the BBC 2 television channel on 28 September 1983, part of a programme in a series called "EIGHT DAYS A WEEK". The interviewer was Robin Denselow and the programme's producer was Michael Watts.  It is clear that I didn't see the programme myself, as I refer to someone sending me the extract about working with Mr Bob on INFIDELS. I also noted Mr Bob's generous comments on MK's help with the album, as reported by several publications earlier in the year.

Is there a video of MK's "EIGHT DAYS A WEEK" interview in circulation?

I have, however, found another note and I'm pretty certain that this is the interview I had in mind. It was broadcast by Channel 4 television on 3 March 1984 in a programme called THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRACKS. MK was interviewed not by Antoine de Caunes but by Paul Gambaccini. I noted that MK seemed to be distancing himself from the INFIDELS album, saying that it didn't come out the same way as his "roughs" (working tapes?). Rather surprisingly, the programme included about 90 seconds of Mr Bob's "Sweetheart Like You" video - surprising because MK doesn't appear in that at all.

Is there a video of MK's THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRACKS interview in circulation?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 09:37:24 AM »

MK is also interviewed by A.d.C in les Enfants du rock 1984, and there are some words about Bob, so maybe it is this one you remember twm ? but I doubt it was aired in the UK... :think

Very nice video, most of the interview was made in the Wood Wharf Studios in Greenwich, where the band used to rehearse from 1977 to 1986, same place where we see DS playing in the Arena documentary, which had windows with views to the banks of the river, with boats in the banks, and with stairs to go down...

The place is nice an apartments building, but it still says Wood Wharf and the stairs to go down to the banks, and the boats are still there, there are pics of it and it´s mentioned in my book  :)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
Thanks JF!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.