Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: LP player  (Read 8386 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: LP player
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 03:15:21 AM »
Thanks Brian, yes. So I have a dodgy old, CEC BD3200. I already love the warm bass sounds that wrap their arms around me and give me a good hug. New cartridge type or new everything? Appreciate your advice.

My phono amp is Cambridge (I forgot the model, but it's not hi-end) and the speakers I won't be changing in a hurry ! :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
Finally I got it. Pro-Ject deput carbon with Ortofon 2M-Red. I listened Brothers in arms and was impressed. Of course there is a placebo effect, but the dynamics is cleary better compared to CD.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
Finally I got it. Pro-Ject deput carbon with Ortofon 2M-Red. I listened Brothers in arms and was impressed. Of course there is a placebo effect, but the dynamics is cleary better compared to CD.

Silvertown

Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the dark side of music. Spinning vinyl is fun.

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »
but the dynamics is cleary better compared to CD.

:think

I wonder if those speaking of dynamics really understand what this in audio stand for?

Take your 1985 Cd and compare. Nothing can't beat CD dynamics, SA-CD, DVD-A  and BD excepted.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »

I wonder if those speaking of dynamics really understand what this in audio stand for?

Take your 1985 Cd and compare. Nothing can't beat CD dynamics, SA-CD, DVD-A  and BD excepted.

I don´t have the original CD, only the remastered one. But somehow I find the vinyl sound more lively or at least a bit different :) Of course it is also more participatory process to listen the vinyl :)

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »

I don´t have the original CD, only the remastered one. But somehow I find the vinyl sound more lively or at least a bit different :) Of course it is also more participatory process to listen the vinyl :)

Well I reach to the conclusion that regarding how BIA was recorded nothing much can be really done in (re)mastering the CD.
You can can't improve the dynamics of the original one you can just master it differently (and most probably compress to make it sounding louder).

For the vinyl spanning the "one lp " format to a double one allowed of course to get a technically-wise better sound. But not a good as would be a 4x12" maxi singles boxset edition.

For the rest this is a matter of taste. Our ears and brain in matter of judging sound are not unbiased.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »
BrianT... nice avatar!  8)
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »
I'm back in the vinyl game, Pro Ject Elemental for me. Sounds great to my ears. Great fun.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »
I've just bought a new turntable too!    Mine's a Denon and I'm very pleased with it.   There is also a facility to record from vinyl to USB which could be useful. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 39 queries.