Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: what's a show cost??  (Read 18714 times)

Love Expresso

Re: what's a show cost??
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
That sounds indeed a little ridiculous if you consider the fact that on some nights he just plays some random notes on his keyboard or guitar and calls it art, just because his name is Bob Dylan... I wouldn't support financing such a show by buying a ticket. If I want to hear strange noises, I can as well attend a twelve-tone-music concert. I've been to a few (I had to, worked at a concert hall for a while) - they are less migraine-inducing and at least nobody makes weird guttural sounds and calls it singing.

My sincere apologies to all Dylan fans but he never was, isn't, and never will be my cup of tea. I just don't see how his shows are worth the money you spend for a ticket other than you get the chance to see a "legend".

BOOOOO !!!!    BOOOOO !!!

or in german Buh!?

;D :lol

Chaos is a friend of mine.

Bob Dylan

LE ;)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: what's a show cost??
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 05:45:10 AM »
Well i guess the young bands, that want to build a name and reputation, can provide a cheaper entrance fee, by reducing their own pay, but since MK is a household name, why play in small venues when he can fill up bigger places? This way he can please more people with a logical priced ticket. But smaller cities or less likely to see him often (he does show up, in order to keep everybody happy, but it's been almost 25 years between his visits in Athens Greece. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 40 queries.