Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tracker tour  (Read 3229 times)

OfflineRockinCat

• Guitar George
Tracker tour
« on: November 01, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »
I'm new to this forum but a long time MK/DS fan. 

I have seen MK on each of his U.S. tours going back 10 years, usually taking in two shows each time.  I have never been disappointed - but this time, it felt like something was missing. 

I saw Mark and the band at Red Bank, NJ and again in Philly the next night.  Everything was great - fabulous sound, fabulous playing, a very tight, professional show.  But when all was said and done, I felt a little let down.  Maybe it was the set list?  I had hoped to hear some of the new songs that I really love - Red Bud Tree, Yon Two Crows, Beryl, Long Cool Girl, River Towns, to name only a few.  I realize the band cannot play everything, and of course the catalog is vast - and there were some good picks.  I love Privateering and that was included.  Really missed TR - would have greatly preferred that to You're So Far Away  I was very pleased with OES but I while I loved the sax I felt the playing tended to drown out those beautiful bell like guitar sounds that conclude the song. 

Oh, well, I sound like I'm moaning.  Don't get me wrong - I love MK and the band.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else can relate?
It's gonna be a beautiful year

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: Tracker tour
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »
I can relate next tour if he plays all those same songs again that he played in 2013 and 2015.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »
I can relate next tour if he plays all those same songs again that he played in 2013 and 2015.

And he will!  It's an interesting point you raise because Guy keeps saying they have a set that works so why change it (or words to that effect).

Back to the original question.  I can relate to what you say.  I think I said at the time of my concerts way back now in May that although I enjoyed them very much they could have been so much better had the set been significantly different to 2013 and if they had varied it from night to night (both my concerts on consecutive nights had an identical set).
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
same here. as amazing as they were, i just missed a bit more spice. why not have a rotating spot,  a new song every night, then he can do a fixed set for the rest.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 38 queries.