Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: FOR SALE: 3 MK guitars - Fender MK Strat, Suhr MK1 Strat, Resonator  (Read 5560 times)

OfflineJust 2 fingers (and a thumb)

• Guitar George
If you're a Mark Knopfler fan - and I guess we all are here - or simply a guitar collector, here's 3 unbelievable Mark Knopfler guitars for sale!

1. Fender Mark Knopfler Strat in Hot Rod Red. In excellent condition - 9.9/10. Never used, merely kept in its case. These are not made anymore; however, what makes this one special is how low the serial number is. When then last made them, they were up to 12xxx, this one is under 00030 - i.e. one of the first 30 made in the first batch in 2003. Complete with original Fender hang tags for these which confirm the serial number too. Comes with an SKB hard case (not the original tweed case which I didn't get).

2. Suhr MK1 Strat. This is a replica of the 'Pensa Suhr MK1' guitar Knopfler used on the last Dire Straits On Every Street tour and Mandela Concert in late 80s and early 90s. Like Knopfler's own one (and unlike new models) this one has one-piece maple (new ones have 2-piece). It's totally mint and has never been used. 10/10 condition. I bought this from John Suhr himself in LA in 2003 and have photos throughout its build from a plank of wood - and John holding the guitar itself. All paperwork from Suhr also included. Again, you can get these still brand new and you'll get serial no 3xxxx, whereas this one is 2xxx.

3. Fine Resonator Type O Replica. You can get lots of resonator replicas but this one is a really close to the National one MK uses and has the lovers in the canoe on the back and sides whereas most are plain. As with the others, it's mint (the colour naturally tarnishes but can be restored with Silvo for an ultra polished mirror look!). This one was hand made by Mike Lewis of Fine Resophonic in Paris in 2003, and has the serial number 1xx! Full photo diary of her build too. Apparently Clapton and MK himself has one of Mike's guitars as a spare. These are top quality replicas and sound amazing!

All 3 guitars are rare and have very very low serial numbers and 2 of them have photos of their own builds. They are all mint and have only been bought as a collector not a player. None have even been played!  My life has sadly moved on, so it's time for these to go to new homes.

Selling as a collection, though may consider splitting for the right offer.

Currently listed on eBay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-rare-Knopfler-guitars-Fender-MK-Strat-Suhr-MK1-Strat-Type-O-Resonator-/252236895197?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Pls contact me with any queries. I have lots more pics etc

Davinity xx
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:54:44 AM by drjpowis »

OfflineMarknopfler

• Guitar George
Re: FOR SALE: 3 MK guitars - Fender MK Strat, Suhr MK1 Strat, Resonator
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »
Is the suhr still for sale?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 36 queries.